Hope never ends
Corona aktuell: Christian Drosten talks about a booster and the end of the pandemic
April 29, 2021 - 4:18 pm
Vaccination booster later this year
It's done with two syringes and we are almost completely protected from the corona virus. However, this is only limited in time, as virologist Christian Drosten explains in his podcast "Coronavirus Update" at NDR. The mucous membrane protection will be reduced in the coming winter, he says. According to this, a booster vaccination would be necessary for some this year. Nevertheless, the virologist gives hope that the pandemic will end.
+++ You can find all current information on the coronavirus in our live ticker on RTL.de +++
Re-vaccination has nothing to do with mutations
The good news is that the protection will not be completely gone in winter, but "despite vaccination, these people will again be among those who can pass the virus on after infection," explains Drosten in his podcast. The fact that one has to re-vaccinate mainly because of virus mutants is not true. The scientist says: "You don't have to re-vaccinate because some mutants occur, but primarily because immunity to mucosal viruses does not last for life. We are not talking about a measles vaccination here." According to Drosten, this should be a one-time refresher, which is particularly important in Germany because of the high proportion of the elderly population.
Hope for the end of the pandemic
Although a lot sounds as if the end of the corona pandemic is far from in sight, Christian Drosten gives hope to just this. "End-time scenarios according to which the corona pandemic will never end are nonsense," says the scientist. Because the more often you get infected with a coronavirus and then only perceive the infection as a cold, the longer the complete mucosal immune protection lasts. And not just for months, but over several years.
AUDIO NOW Podcast recommendation on Corona
10 facts about the corona vaccination
For many people, the first corona vaccination appointment is getting closer and closer. But many questions are still open and new ones are added every day. When can I make an appointment? Who can I contact for a vaccination appointment? Can I choose my active substance myself and do I have to follow the AHA rules after the vaccination? Should I get vaccinated even though I already had Corona? We answer these and other questions here in our web story.
TVNOW documentary "Children in the Corona Crisis"
The coronavirus has kept the world in suspense for more than a year and is one of the greatest challenges of our time. How are our children doing in the pandemic and how are z. B. Lockdown restrictions affecting them? In the TVNOW documentary "Children in the Corona Crisis", children and young people tell what their greatest challenges are.
- Has society become too calm?
- Where was your elementary school
- How do I fix frayed electrical wires
- How patient are you
- What is it like to pinch the cheek at someone who shows affection
- Excellent narcissistic people are distinguished by team sports
- What is lean management
- What is the ecological substance for printing
- What should my ambition be
- Which countries make up the Asia-Pacific region
- Why do blind people use a stick?
- How would you define true wealth
- Why are there many Islamic terrorist groups
- What does art for the sake of life mean?
- What is Shakespeare's most tragic play
- How do sentences and fragments differ?
- New Zealand accepts the PTE
- How does Western Union Money Transfer work
- Why is racing so important
- Can I join UCSB?
- What immediately makes life energetic
- What does Canada do better than the US
- How can I be with great people
- Is it nice to get married young
- Are there Muslims in RSS
- Why are politicians mostly senior citizens?
- What is authoritarian socialism
- What's stopping you from traveling today
- How did the battle of Weihaiwei end
- Where will Arsenal end this season
- Can you eat pepperoni pizza when pregnant
- Brain fog is considered a disease