Which country offers the cheapest rent
Where in Germany rents are most expensive and where you pay the least
Rents are highest in southern Germany and in the cities. The east and west are still affordable for many. A study shows how much you have to pay for rent and where.
- Rents are highest in these cities
- This is the cheapest place to live to rent
- Which buildings are cheapest
- Many households can no longer find affordable housing
The urban researcher Andrej Holm has evaluated the rent index data of the past five years on behalf of the left parliamentary group in the Bundestag and examined rents in more than 300 German cities. The result: on average, existing rents nationwide rose by 11.4 percent in the past five years.
How much is my property worth?
Ask the real estate calculator! After just 5 minutes you will receive an exact market price and lots of other information.Rate property now
How much you have to pay, however, depends a lot on where you live.
Rents are highest in these cities
The structure of the most expensive cities was largely stable in 2018 compared to 2013. With Düsseldorf, Darmstadt and Constance, only three cities have made it into the top group. Freiburg (Breisgau), Bietigheim-Bissingen and Bonn have slipped out of the ranking of the 20 most expensive cities.
The 20 most expensive cities (2018)
In five cities, both existing and asking rents have risen particularly sharply over the past five years:
The study also showed that existing rents rose particularly sharply from 2015 onwards. The introduction of the rental price brake therefore had no measurable effect on the rental price development in the cities examined.
This is the cheapest place to live for rent
There is also little change in the group of the cheapest cities: Leipzig, Elsdorf and Mechernich have been added for Landau in der Pfalz, Bad Kreuznach and Zwickau.
The 20 cheapest cities (2018)
Which buildings are cheapest
According to the study, the cheapest renters live on average in buildings that were built around 1925. Logically, you have to pay the highest rent in new buildings. The rent of the most expensive building age class was 43 percent higher than the cheapest.
Many households can no longer find affordable housing
Average apartments are hardly affordable for households on the poverty line and many single parents. According to city researcher Andrej Holm, they are dependent on living space below market rents.
Holm assumes that no more than 30 percent of disposable income should be spent on rent. In Munich, Stuttgart and Leinfelden-Echterdingen, childless two-person households could not even pay the average existing rent with an average income of 2,813 euros. Single parents with an average income of 2,438 euros can no longer afford rents in 21 cities without spending more than 30 percent of their income on it.
Anyone who no longer wants or can no longer take part in the rent madness could consider a mini house as an alternative. Read more about mini houses as an affordable, flexible home for couples and singles.
- Can my employer give me a stagnant salary?
- Who created this world universe and why
- Burning ghee will produce oxygen
- Why does Congress hate RSS
- Why is Nike the best shoe brand
- Why is America overthrowing the Maduro government in Venezuela
- How many schools are there in Canada
- Can i buy the clothes from china
- Why does Antifa wear gloves
- Does anyone know EESL
- How much does a good Nike shoe cost
- How common are thighs in prison
- What were your first impressions of Tokyo
- Why are power grids interconnected
- Why is children's sexuality so taboo?
- Want more than enough materialistic money
- What is the biggest problem
- How long can you swim
- What are the wage taxes for 2019
- Why do I feel like a fake
- Where are period cramps
- What foods should I avoid for vitiligo?
- AAP is a left party
- Why aren't there pork burgers
- Where are Bulova watches made
- Should I know what Ghibli animation is
- What counts as heavy pot use
- What are laser printers used for?
- How is Shakha Pola worn
- What are interesting facts about Ulster
- Was Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar poor in English
- How was the transport in ancient India