What is colorful, bright, positive and recognizable
Since light and darkness are of great importance for humans and all of nature, we react most strongly to the light-dark contrast in addition to the color-in-itself contrast. It is determined by the factor brightness or intensity and is therefore actually not a real color contrast, but a brightness contrast.
The two most powerful means of expression in the field of light and dark are the colors black and white. Black and white do not appear in Itten's color wheel. For this reason, it is often said that black and white are not colors. The practical work with colors makes this appear completely different. Both black and white are used to darken or lighten colors.
There is simply no color in media production on the screen. The screen, i.e. the background of the production, must first be assigned a color. As a rule, the programs have set white as the standard background color, similar to paper. More modern color systems such as Küppers color model, L * a * b system, HSL system, HSB system contain the colors white and black
Light-dark contrasts do not only refer to black and white with their shades of gray, but also to all other colors, which differ from one another in terms of their brightness. This means that light colors (e.g. yellow) and dark colors (e.g. purple) can also be easily differentiated within the bright colors. These color tones can also be broken down by white to light and by black to dark.
Example: yellow - purple
In addition to the strong light-dark contrast, a complementary contrast according to Itten is visible here.
If bright colors are surrounded by gray, this weakens the luminosity and color strength. For this reason, gray has a mediating and balancing effect. Compositions with bright and achromatic colors must have a difference in brightness between these shades, because otherwise the gray loses its independence due to the simultaneous contrast.
Light-dark contrasts are the most important contrast for the design of both print media and screen design. A variety of gray tones can be achieved between white and black.
The light-dark contrast shows or supports:
Directions are emphasized by color gradations into light or dark
through light and shadow as well as the brightening or darkening in the background
a cursory glance at the two images shows that the gray area on the left appears lighter than the one on the right. Both gray areas, however, have the same gray value. See also simultaneous contrast
Emphasis on the contrast
Tension through different light-dark proportions
- Men can wear high-heeled shoes for women
- What is the world's largest polished exporter
- What could China learn from Japan?
- When did concentration camps in China disappear?
- Are there any Apple stores in India
- What is the importance of Ambemohar rice
- To which Veda does Ayurveda belong
- How do we get old and die
- How important is culture in life
- Why is French no longer the international language
- Men wear jockstraps for normal underwear
- How is software tested
- What is another word for remarkable?
- What's your second favorite fruit
- Factories become fully automated
- Does LOL mean something else
- Would you mind sharing your paranormal experiences
- Where do royal families come from?
- How was the First World War a cause of the Second World War
- Why were popcorn blankets ever popular
- Is social media beneficial to our society?
- Is Centennial College good for an MBA
- Can you buy gold with gold
- Are there any reservations about the caste