Customer service expectations are rising continuously
Shaping the future of work today -Display-
Customer service is no longer what it used to be. Twenty years ago, companies invested in customer relation management (CRM) systems to store customer information, record incidents, and build relationships. With these systems, calm returned to many organizations because business leaders knew that customer expectations were being met.
While the process lasted for years, customer service is lagging behind today. The fact is, as a Forrester study shows, there is a huge gap between customer service and customer expectations. According to Forrester, 80 percent of companies believe they can provide great customer service, but only 8 percent of their customers feel they are getting that great service.
Companies want change
In order to meet changing customer requirements, customer service needs to be redefined. A study by Intergam shows the top goals of customer service executives:
Improved customer satisfaction
Customer service as a strategic part of the operation
Of course, the top priority remains to optimize customer service. According to studies by Bain and Company and Harvard Business School, a 5 percent improvement in customer loyalty can increase company sales by up to 95 percent.
Although the financial benefits are obvious, many companies are still trying to figure out how to future-proof their customer service and achieve the goals outlined above.
Closing the gap in customer service
In contrast to the reactive solutions currently prevailing in the market, a modern customer service approach must be holistic and bring teams, systems and workflows together. This is the only way to proactively serve customers.
Customer service needs to be able to predict problems before they arise and to drive problem resolution instead of just recording them. First and foremost, however, the causes that customers call for must be reduced.
Customer service managers can carry out the modernization in these five steps:
1.Automate, automate, automate: Customers want fast service, they don't want to request support and prefer the flexibility of the channels they are used to. With effortless service through a self-service portal, a knowledge base, questions and answers on social media or a chat, customers can find help when and how they want. The automation of recurring activities via a complete workflow that connects front-end and back-end systems reduces the workload of the service staff.
2. Customer service as a team task: Combining customer service with the areas of development, operations, finance or marketing increases the sense of responsibility of everyone involved and helps to solve customer problems more quickly.
3. Find the cause of the problem and fix it quickly: The only way to avoid making more calls to the same problem is to fix the cause of the problem.
4. Use IoT and new technologies: Real-time insights into customer systems such as servers, devices, applications or hardware help identify potential problems before customers call. Contract violations at the service level can be avoided by aligning the monitoring with the contracts.
5. Be proactive: Strategic work, such as developing new services and continuously improving existing services, should always be promoted.
With a modern system for customer service management that goes beyond the CRM system, managers in customer service can proactively contribute to improving operations. In this way, you can eliminate inefficient processes, improve service quality and use the time saved for strategic activities that are urgently needed for future growth.
- What is the best topic in the speech
- What immediately makes life energetic
- How can I import nuts to America
- Shave regularly
- How popular is BlackPink in the west
- Are there PEGA PRPC study materials
- Who does Azerbaijan support Israel or Palestine
- Are sociopaths mostly extroverted
- How many architects are there worldwide
- What are some everyday unfair things
- Why am I afraid of aging
- What are laser printers used for?
- Some Keralites are anti-Indians
- Is Marc Andre ter Stegen underestimated?
- How to write a confirmation email
- Can you learn to become aware of yourself
- What makes Barack Obama a good speaker
- America sees Canada as its brother
- What happens when you snort kratom
- Would you buy an aquamarine engagement ring
- What is 4n 2 rule
- Is popularity important in high school
- Why eggs are harmful to your health
- How do I ride my bike safely?