What are the big high fashion companies
The 10 largest fashion companies in the world
For many people, fashion is an attractive topic. Constantly changing trends and styles, expressions of one's own personality and often a little luxury make fashion so exciting.
Fashion can also be of interest to private investors, as there are many successful fashion companies on the stock exchanges that make strong profits every year and continue to grow. The Spanish Inditex group is constantly opening new branches and H&M is hot on its heels.
It is therefore worthwhile for investors to take a look at the 10 largest fashion companies in the world, many of which are publicly traded.
10. Esprit (1.8 billion euros)
Esprit Holdings Limited sells clothing, shoes, jewelry, furniture and home accessories in more than 40 countries around the world. The company's headquarters are divided between Ratingen in Germany and Hong Kong and the group has almost 10,000 employees. The Esprit share is listed on the stock exchange under the WKN A0ML39.
9. New Yorkers (1.9 billion euros)
The chain, which mainly sells cheap fashion for young people, made 1.9 billion euros in sales in 2017. The company, based in Braunschweig, is successful throughout Europe, but does not trade shares on the stock exchange. The group has more than 16,000 employees and has modern shops in the best inner-city locations.
8. Hugo Boss (2.7 billion euros)
Hugo Boss is one of the best-known German fashion brands and is located in the high-priced segment. The company is based in Baden-Württemberg and achieved 2.7 billion euros in the 2017 financial year. The company employs more than 12,000 people worldwide, the share is listed on the stock exchange under the WKN A1PHFF.
7. Tommy Hilfiger (5.4 billion euros)
Tommy Hilfiger is part of the Philipps-Van Heusen Group, which, in addition to Hilfiger, also includes Calvin Klein. In 2017, Hilfiger generated sales of EUR 5.4 billion. The PVH share is listed on the stock exchange under WKN A1JHA5. The headquarters of the Tommy Hilfiger Corporation is located in Amsterdam, the company was founded in 1984 by the designer Tommy Hilfiger.
6. Polo Ralph Lauren (€ 5.99 billion)
The turnover of the American clothing company Polo Ralph Lauren was 5.99 billion euros in 2017, making the group 6th among the 10 largest fashion companies in the world. The company was founded in 1967 by Ralph Lauren and continues to manufacture accessories and clothing in the luxury segment to this day. Well known is the Ralph Lauren logo, the embroidered polo tab on shirts or sweaters. The share is listed on the stock exchange under WKN A1JD3A.
5th gap (EUR 12.8 billion)
In the USA, Gap is the largest clothing retailer; worldwide, with a turnover of 12.8 billion euros in the ranking, it is only enough for 5th place. Gap is not active on the German market, but is all the more active in France, Canada, Japan and Great Britain . 863533 is the WKN of the Gap share.
4. Adidas (19.29 billion euros)
Adidas ranks fourth among the 10 largest fashion companies. In addition to sporting goods, the Franconian group also sells sportswear and fashion. Adidas AG was founded in 1949 by Adolf Dassler and is world famous. Sales in 2017 were 19.29 billion euros, which puts the group in X place among the largest fashion companies in the world. The share is listed on the stock exchange under the WKN A1EWWW.
3. H&M (21.68 billion euros)
The Swedish fashion group Hennes & Mauritz had a turnover of 21.68 billion euros in the 2017 financial year and is thus in 3rd place of the 10 largest fashion companies. H&M not only sells clothing, but also home accessories and cosmetics in 44 countries under the motto "Fashion and quality at the best price". The H&M share is listed on the stock exchange under WKN 872318.
2. Inditex (23.31 billion euros)
Inditex is one of the largest textile companies in the world and made it to 2nd place in this ranking. 64.6% of sales are generated by the Zara fashion chain alone, 72 of all 104 Inditex stores in Germany are Zara stores. The company employs around 128,000 people worldwide. The share is listed on the stock exchange under WKN 756434.
1. Nike (€ 24.8 billion)
In the 2017 financial year, Nike had a turnover of 24.8 billion euros, which means that the sporting goods and clothing manufacturer took first place in the ranking of the 10 largest fashion companies. In addition to everything related to sports, Nike now also produces bags, caps, socks, sweatshirts and T-shirts, jackets, polo shirts, watches and much more. The Nike share is listed on the stock exchange under WKN 866993.
Nike share climbs to new all-time high after surprisingly strong numbers Booming online sales are saving business. > read more
- The United States leased Alaska
- Are top universities overrated
- When will the famine reach the United States?
- Why did Facebook change its logo
- The homeowner insurance covers TV damage
- Do private candidates receive admission to DU
- What makes sour beer sour
- What are the major Indian perfume brands
- Which tops should I wear with leggings?
- What are the best Stevie Wonder albums
- How many restaurants are there in Portugal
- Schools in the US should be free
- How do I learn how to act
- TIERNEY CAPITAL FINANCE it's real
- How do you learn to breathe underwater
- Which muscles contract during a gait?
- How can we live without being selfish?
- What are words that rhyme with massive
- Moneygram is safe to use
- What did Homo Sapiens use as a shelter
- What is the advantage of plastic bags
- Why don't people accept that they are ignorant?
- How do Filipino Americans feel about Duterte?
- What is 5G technology, is it harmful