Countertops can be replaced without damaging the cabinets
Cut the worktop - this is how it works
If your countertop is badly damaged, it's time to replace it. In this home tip, we'll tell you how you can cut your new kitchen worktop and what you need to consider.
Cut the worktop - take the right measurements
First of all, it is important that you carefully determine the dimensions of the countertop. You should take enough time for this. That's how it works:
- Make a rough sketch of your cabinets, on which you write down the dimensions you have determined.
- Now measure the length and width of your kitchen furniture and transfer the information to the drawing.
- The worktop should protrude at least 2-3 cm to the front and sides. Add these values to the measurements.
- If you want to replace your old kitchen worktop without repositioning the kitchen cabinets, it is easier for you. Just take over the dimensions 1: 1.
Cut the worktop - plan recesses for the sink and hob
Here, too, it is important to work precisely so that you do not saw too much later:
- It is best to use a pencil to draw the recesses for the sink and hob on the underside of the kitchen worktop.
- If you are installing a new sink, the manufacturer often supplies you with a template that you can simply transfer.
- The recesses must always be approx. 2 cm smaller than the fixtures themselves.
Cutting the worktop - step by step
For this you need a drill and a jigsaw. To cut the countertop, do the following:
- For your own safety, get someone to hold the panel while you cut.
- Place the worktop on a stable surface. Bucks are best suited for this.
- To avoid damaging the decor of the worktop, always saw from the bottom.
- Even with panels with decor, make sure not to saw off the areas that will later be visible. Only saw to size the areas that will come up against a wall or cabinet.
- Before you saw the recesses, use the drill to drill a hole in each corner of the outlines drawn. Use a wood drill for this.
- Choose the diameter of the drill so that you can easily thread the blade of the jigsaw through the hole later.
- Now use the jigsaw to cut along the outlines of all necessary recesses.
In the next post, you will learn how to install a new sink.
- Why is sex work criminalized
- How big is Dubai 1
- Where is alfalfa grown in the USA?
- How did MrBeast make his money
- Which food represents West Bengal best
- Australia has a strong economy
- Is moissanite cheaper than diamond
- What are some ATM hacks
- When do people develop feelings
- Germany becomes a police state
- Why do clothing companies destroy unsold products
- What are conformal and equivalent projections
- Pays Anglo Eastern well
- Can I have sex with my cat?
- Which MBA specialization has the best internships
- How do you feel when traveling?
- Why do I like to beat up?
- Which is better Uber or Lyft 2014 16
- How did Hollywood get its name
- Are ESL teachers paid more
- How can I get free gold
- What is the best formation for footballs and why
- Where can marine technology have leeway?
- How do I buy gold stocks