Can be trained in Canada

FAQ - Frequently asked questions

Travel to Canada

Information on travel restrictions due to the corona virus

The German Federal Government has extended the global travel warning across the board. According to the Federal Government, this is constantly being checked and adjusted accordingly. Read the message from the Federal Foreign Office here. The borders in the USA and Canada are currently closed and thus prevent entry. This is also constantly checked and, like the worldwide travel warning, can be lifted at any time.

We are happy to process your inquiries by email. Please understand that there may be delays in processing due to the current situation. We do our best to provide each of our customers with an individual solution and a tailor-made offer.

Status: May 20, 2021

Who is Trans Canada Touristik?

Trans Canada Touristik is a special tour operator for Canada trips based in Germany. That means we are in direct contact with the service providers and companies on site and have very good knowledge of the country and travel experience. As an excellent member of the Canadian Tourism Association's partner program, our employees are always fully trained and qualified to provide advice. [more in "About us"]

How can I book a trip?

You can travel comfortably and around the clock with us on the Website book. If you have any questions or need assistance, just speak to us (contact). Our staff will be happy to help you.

As an alternative to booking online, we would be happy to send you an written travel registration by e-mail, which you would then fax or e-mail back signed. For this we need all information about the trip and the people traveling with you beforehand.

Is online booking secure?

Yes. We transfer your information via an SSL-encrypted connection. This represents the highest commercially usable security standard. In addition, you do not provide any confidential payment information when booking via our website. You pay comfortably afterwards on an invoice that is sent to you by email.

Can I get travel insurance?

Yes. We always offer you a suitable travel insurance during the booking process. For example, you can insure travel cancellation costs, illness, luggage and travel interruption for yourself and your fellow travelers. You can read details about the insurance packages here.

How and when do I get the confirmation for my booking?

After receipt of your booking and confirmation by the service provider, you will receive the written booking confirmation and invoice from us (either by email or post). This takes place within the next few days after booking. You will also receive maps and information material on the region you are visiting in preparation for your trip.

Can I also book from outside of Germany?

Of course yes. If you are permanently resident in the EU or Switzerland, you can book with us at no additional charge. For bookings from outside the EU or Switzerland, please contact us.

How do I pay for the trip?

The services and prices booked will be listed again on the booking confirmation and invoice sent to you.

A deposit of 15% of the travel price is due immediately after receipt of the invoice, the remaining amount 30 days before departure. Flight tickets that are issued and sent to you immediately are payable in full immediately. The same applies to insurance premiums. We would be happy to inform you in advance about the modalities of your booking

You then make your payments on the specified due dates conveniently and securely by bank transfer or credit card Payment terms in the overview.

Is my money safe, do I get a security certificate?

Yes. All trips organized by us, in which we act as a tour operator and which fall under German package travel law, are covered by insolvency insurance in accordance with German travel law in accordance with Section 651 k (3) of the German Civil Code (BGB). The insurer is R + V-Versicherung. As a receipt, you as a customer will receive a so-called security certificate for your trip with your booking confirmation, i.e. before your first payment. There is no obligation to hand over a security certificate if TCT is only the agent of the travel service in a legally permissible manner.

What travel documents will I receive?

In order to be able to carry out your trip, you need the vouchers (vouchers) and tickets for the booked services from us. You present this to the relevant service provider (hotel, airline, landlord, etc.).

In addition, depending on the shipping method selected and the type of travel and region booked, you will receive from us e.g. maps, information brochures, discount coupons, etc. sent with the travel documents.

How and when do I get my travel documents?

You will receive your travel documents by email after we have received the full payment (but no earlier than 30 days before departure). Electronic flight tickets, which are issued immediately, will be sent to you by email after we have received your payment.

What are the advantages of sending "by email"?

If you choose when booking that you would like to receive the booking confirmation / invoice and the travel documents by email, you have the advantage that the documents are available to you as a file. You can then print this out for yourself at any time. Especially with the travel documents an advantage, because they are like that not easy to lose, always print out again and better to keep can.

Can I cancel my booking or change my booking?

Yes. However, once we have received your booking, it is binding for you. This means that changing or canceling the trip can involve considerable costs. In many cases, changes can only be made by canceling and rebooking. The cancellation rates of our general travel conditions or deviating regulations according to your booking confirmation apply.

Can I get advice?

Of course, our staff will be happy to advise you before and after booking. Since all employees who advise you also have their own experience in Canada, you will often receive valuable tips on how to plan your trip sensibly. Just get in touch with us.

Can I reserve seats for the flight?

Yes. For scheduled flights with Air Canada, we reserve fixed seats for you free of charge in advance (where possible). For flights with Lufthansa, British Airways or charter flights (e.g. with Condor), you can reserve seats with the airline in advance for a fee.

Do I need an international driver's license?

The RV and car rental companies in the USA and Canada accept your "normal" valid EU driver's license (Class 3 or Class B). This will give you the rental vehicle. Carrying an international driver's license is recommended for driving in the country. You are on the safe side if you have your international driving license issued by your driving license authority (usually the road traffic authority) in good time before you start your journey. A driving test is not necessary for this. It is important that you always have your national driving license with you and present it with your international driving license.

Can I drive any motorhome with a car driver's license?

The RV rental companies accept yours valid national driving license (e.g. Class 3 or class B). Please note the information on the international driving license (see above).

What information can I get about renting a motorhome?

We have put together an extensive area for you with all the essential questions about renting a motorhome with technical and practical information. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.