Is Bosnia a powerful nation militarily?
Dr. phil., born 1949; Professor of Political Science at the Institute for International Politics at the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Hamburg.
Address: University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg, 22043 Hamburg.
e-mail: [email protected]
Publications including: East Central Europe, Russia and the eastward expansion of NATO. Perceptions and strategies in the field of tension between national and European security, Opaden 1997; The debate about the costs of NATO's eastward expansion, Baden-Baden 1998; Elites in Post-Communist Countries: The New Generation of Presidents. Studies in International Politics, Hamburg 2000.
I. IntroductionFunction is understood to be the task or the purpose that is assigned to a certain fact or a certain action. Function is therefore an intentional category. However, your assessment is related to the objective impact and results that will be achieved. In other words: the function is the assignment of a dependent variable in a coordinate system that itself is influenced by this dependent variable and is specifically shaped in this way. In the case discussed here, the dependent variable is the military conflict settlement; The coordinate system consists, firstly, of the post-communist and post-bipolar "disorder", which is mainly characterized by transformation and nation-building processes in the eastern part of Europe and the resulting destabilizing effects; and, secondly, in the attempt by Western crisis management to minimize the destabilizing effects and to implement longer-term ideas of order in the restructuring and reorganization of Europe. 
The following considerations focus on the function of military conflict resolution in the former Yugoslavia. However, at least some aspects of the partially intended, partially unintended effects of military conflict settlement on the actor who carries the main part of military conflict settlement in the former Yugoslavia should be addressed: NATO.
At the outset, the current options for military conflict resolution by NATO, as formulated in its new strategic concept of 1999, are presented.  But they only form the security policy conclusions that the alliance drew from a whole series of conflicts that became virulent in the 1990s. The main part of the following reflections deals with the political and historical background of the policy of military conflict settlement as well as with its application by NATO in ex-Yugoslavia in the nineties as well as with the question of priority areas and goals of military conflict settlement.
- How many lesbians are there in India
- What's your most sexual experience in school
- What made you like yourself more
- Which choice defined you
- Is cybersecurity good for freshmen of 2019
- Is there a tenure at UK universities
- What is negative and positive freedom
- What does the Bible say about hypocrisy
- What are the benefits of meritocracy
- How valuable is American Sign Language
- Why do golf courses have lakes pools
- What makes your life worse than most of the others
- What are cooking schools
- Why is antique jewelry colored red
- What are important things when traveling
- Are partial ssb interviews somewhere
- Why is England considered a socialist country
- Why is a thorough teeth cleaning necessary
- If there wasn't nationalism, what would happen
- Immigrants receive free health care
- India is an unsafe country for Muslims
- Why is chlorine ion stable
- Computer engineers are in demand
- How do I start with coding 1