What is intelligent ignorance
What other than "bias" or "ignorance" explains why intelligent people (d) believe irrational or stupid things?
You can come to an irrational conclusion for the following reasons:
Ignorance - Knowing this is not enough to draw a conclusion
Bias - emphasis on some things (properties) that are not as dominant as they appear
Mistake - Wrong inferring a conclusion from a premise
Justification by actual knowledge / belief - justification of something as a result of something already believed or known to be true
Example - For a simple syllogism -
If A then B.
You can make a mistake on the first or second premise. Either this could be because you don't know of exceptions (ignorance) or because you believe something is true / dominant when it isn't true (bias). Apart from that, you can make an honest mistake or draw a wrong conclusion by justifying what you know or believe to be true from current knowledge / belief.
It is usually a combination of these factors. Note that people used to believe in the miasm theory. You can call it ignorance, but it was partly true. There had to be a reason why people who were otherwise healthy got sick with illness. Since air could be felt but germs could neither be felt nor seen, the guilty party was decided. It was a result of both ignorance and justification by actual knowledge / belief.
- What are the UK public universities
- How do dump truck owners find loads
- Do non-US countries have national parks
- What is preferred presentation on wedding invitation
- Can a man live without marriage
- If Israel invades Russia, who wins
- Do women prefer really authentic men
- How do I send back flying monkeys
- Why Buy From Kalyan Jewelers
- How to say regret in Spanish
- How are ferries refueled in ports
- Why doesn't Thumbtack have an app
- Who's in the Indian government
- How many Koreans live in Germany
- What do you mean by CAD
- What are examples of affordable luxury products
- How do you make yellow
- How are heart murmurs diagnosed
- Do vultures only eat dead animals
- Which countries produce self-driving cars?
- Should I wear a bra to school?
- What excites you more
- Can pigs be domesticated?
- How do you say none in Tagalog