Give away money to celebrities
Last night they were Twitter accounts more diverse prominent personalities such as Elon Musk, Joe Biden, Bill Gates and Barack Obama Taken over by as yet unknown attackers. These Accounts were then used around Tweets drop off that promised that if you got any amount via Bitcoin transfer, then the double transferred back.
Even if one Tweet of course “I am a scam! Do not do that!" screams, but seem nonetheless some users thereon fell for to be, overall, in any case, should be well above $ 100,000 to the relevant Bitcoin account have been transferred (Bitcoin is considered special anonymousbut is also very at the same time transparent, basically anyone can anytime anytime Bitcoin transactions see only whom a Bitcoin account heard is difficult or impossible to determine).
The corresponding Tweets were meanwhile by Twitter deleted, but if you followed one of the affected ("hacked") accounts, then they can still be in the timeline appear, only when you want to call them directly does the message appear that the Tweet no longer available be.
In which "Hack" should the attackers According to media reports by the way one Twitter staffHave been helpful, for a fee, as it is said, you can find various in underground forums at the moment Screenshots one internal admin tools of Twitterwhich one was used to take over the accounts. Twitter announced shortly after the attack became known that a solution was being worked on, but it was possible that some users were temporarily unable to tweet or yours Change passwords could.
The frightening thing about this incident is that imho not even that someone Twitter "hacked" has that occasional Twitter accounts, mostly from Celebrities, is not so unusual (even if these are usually not hacked, but that was obviously not really the case here), but rather that a Employee of Twitter should have been involved in it (are they paid so badly?) and, above all, that so many people on one like that fell for an obvious scam are…
At the same time, of course, the question arises as to how, or whether, Twitter (and of course other providers such as Facebook, Instagram and co, who should in principle have the same problem) could prevent something like that at all. As long as you grant individual employees access to such functions, there is always the risk that someone, for example, is dissatisfied with their job, needs money or simply, for whatever reason, wants to harm other people.
And no matter how you do it, there will always have to be individual people who theoretically need them Access rights for such an attack because otherwise they simply wouldn't be able to do their job. Now of course you could use all of the employees' computers monitor (e.g. via cameras, keylogger etc) and not allow access from private computers or generally from outside etc, but that would only find the culprit retrospectively, but not such attacks preventunless you really let every employee live monitor what is unlikely to be feasible.
Maybe at least those who are on this one Scam have fallen for it, learned something from the matter and it won't happen to them again ...
- A Reiki master has paranormal powers
- How can my website be improved
- Can AVPD be cured
- How do I cure ITP
- May boys in Muslim countries wear shorts
- Which NASDAQ stocks are being transferred by the NYSE
- Do blacks have the privilege of 1
- How does income tax work in Luxembourg
- Why are Turkish Cypriots banned from Cyprus?
- What makes a vehicle a tank destroyer
- What is Apple's secret of success
- How do standardized tests hurt students?
- Women are now stronger than men
- Who is the most beautiful anime character
- Why are there so few male teachers?
- What causes a person to commit suicide
- What are the reasons for moving to Portugal?
- How can I open a Nike store
- Why does Congress hate RSS
- How about a trip to China
- Why Can Cats Eat Cooked Chicken?
- Which swimming tips beginners tend to ignore
- Which are the famous foods of Chhattisgarh
- Is jazz cultural appropriation
- How do I wear cat's eye stones
- Why is there no color left in my hair
- How does Soft Power Korea benefit
- Companies are starting to accept degrees online
- Can we turn coal into diamonds?
- Why do public toilets rarely have lids?
- Can artificial diamonds be processed into precious stones?
- How can I learn VisualLisp for AutoCAD
- The wish for good luck can bring good luck