What causes sudden cardiac arrest
People who have had cardiac arrest will only have a chance of survival if they recognize the emergency quickly and begin resuscitation immediately. Every minute that passes after a cardiac arrest, the chance of survival drops by about ten percent.
So don't wait, just wait start resuscitation immediately in the event of cardiac arrest. Show courage and act bravely. You can't go wrong unless you do nothing. In fact, your actions can save lives! First aid for cardiac arrest takes place in three steps: check, call, press!
1. Check awareness and breathing
Test that the person actually does unconscious is. Address them, for example: “Hello, hello, what's your name, what happened?” Take the person by both shoulders and shake them vigorously. Overstretch the person's head and hear or feel if they are breathes. Gasping and gasping are not normal breathing, but a sign of the first phase of cardiac arrest.
2. Call an emergency doctor at 112!
Call the Emergency doctor at 112 or ask someone around you to do so. Remain calm and answer the emergency services' questions so that they can get an idea of the situation. Do not end the call yourself, but wait until the ambulance service has no more questions.
3. Perform chest compressions
This cardiac arrest resuscitation works like this:
- If possible, lay the person on their back on a hard surface.
- Kneel to one side of the victim - right or left.
- Place one hand flat on the center of your chest, and place your second hand on the back of your first hand. With your arms straight, press the breastbone deeply (about five to six centimeters) and fast enough (100 to 120 times per minute) in the direction of the spine. Tip: Follow the rhythm of the song “Stayin‘ Alive ”by the Bee Gees. Relieve the pressure after each press. Do not interrupt chest compressions with ventilation. If you are the sole first aider, continue doing this until the emergency doctor arrives. Doctors then continue treatment in a clinic for cardiac arrest.
4. Two or more helpers on site? Use defibrillator in cardiac arrest
With two or more helpers on site, you can work in a team. See if a defibrillator (Automated External Defibrillator, AED) is available in the area. Pay attention to the corresponding symbol signs: green information sign with heart symbol. Many companies as well as public buildings and places are now equipped with a defibrillator for people with cardiac arrest. The devices are easy to use - even for laypeople.
Split up and do the following:
- The first helper starts with chest compressions, the second helper makes the emergency call at 112 and gets the defibrillator.
- Turn on the device and follow theinstructions of the integrated language module. An automatic voice tells you which steps to carry out in which order. Some devices also have a screen or drawings for visual support.
The defibrillator can detect two causes of cardiac arrest:
- Ventricular fibrillation: The heart beats way too fast and only twitches in an uncoordinated manner. It no longer manages to pump blood around the body. The defibrillator eliminates ventricular fibrillation with a controlled electric shock. The electrical impulses bring the heart back into a normal rhythm.
- Asystole: The heart shows no more action and stands still. In this case, no electric shock will help, only chest compressions. The defibrillator supports you with the voice function.
Perform all resuscitation measures for you until the emergency doctor arrives. This then takes over the further treatment in case of cardiac arrest.
- What is the best gem to be had
- What is preventing Turkey from invading Armenia
- Is C language a must for civilians
- Why is religion important in love
- Why is Scientology a delusion
- How do students look better without fashion?
- Are there really simple college majors
- How are Buddhist prayer beads used?
- What are some examples of worldly spirituality
- Why ion crystals are sproede
- Is it good to masturbate every day 3
- How can I make cannabis tea
- Which is the Institute for Autocad Training recognized
- Why does amine give an electrophilic substitution
- Why do you love hong kong
- What did President Obama do wrong
- Why am I scared
- What is constructive experimental philosophy
- What are your favorite movies about movies
- Why can't we see colors in the dark
- Are supercapacitors better than lithium-ion batteries
- How Much Do Seasoned Digital Marketers Make
- What is the use of diffusion
- How do you remove tarnish from jewelry