How did hipmunk get its initial traction?
The parasites of man
In the course of globalization, in which containers and people are transported from one continent to another, pathogens or disease carriers land in Europe every day and can spread quickly. It is therefore necessary to keep the knowledge of the transmission routes from parasites to humans up to date and to limit the dangers of introduction and spread in good time.
This book provides an up-to-date overview of the most important indigenous and tropical parasites in humans and their potential vectors. It is aimed at doctors, pharmacists, laboratory staff and students of human medicine and biology, but also at everyone who wants to find out more about preventive and control measures. Information on the individual parasites is presented in 11 sections in a compressed form:
1. Naming - 2. Worldwide distribution and epidemiological data - 3. Life cycles and appearance - 4. Symptoms of the disease - 5. Diagnostic options - 6. Infection routes - 7. Preventive measures - 8. Incubation periods - 9. Times until further transmission - 10. Duration an infestation - 11. Therapeutic measures
The most important aspects of a parasite infestation as well as the current control measures are shown in tables, numerous schemes and 200 colored illustrations. Questions also help to check your own knowledge.
Authors and affiliations
- 1. ParasitologyHeinrich-Heine-Universität DüsseldorfDüsseldorfGermany
About the authors
Prof. Dr. Heinz Flour horn has been dealing with the transmission routes and the control of parasites for 40 years. He has written over 20 books, 250 original publications on these topics and received 22 patents on antiparasitic drugs, which he founded in 2000 to convert them into products. As a university lecturer, he trained numerous biologists, physicians and veterinarians in many events. He also tries to objectify public discussions about parasite dangers in television and radio broadcasts, because fear has always been a bad teacher.
- Where can i have sex
- Why do black people have a flat nose?
- What are your highest aspirations and goals
- Where do bathroom fans vent
- Meditation is a waste of time
- What are the arts and the humanities
- What are rural and urban areas
- Why is Norway so rich
- Why is Poland not more popular with tourists?
- Heard Lululemon is evil why
- How free are the people in Russia
- Like the atoms
- Why is everyone learning hard
- Can life be complete without marriage
- Which common programming errors should be avoided?
- What is the right thought about life
- Can dentists take a nutrition course in Canada
- How can I trigger negative emotions
- Why can't solid aquatic plants grow underwater?
- Active procrastination is a real thing
- Why is sports field maintenance so important
- Are Canadians really afraid of the dark?
- Why is Germany densely populated
- What is the replacement IC for DPA013