How did Bhimrao Ambedkar die
Ambedkar Jayanti - 129th Birthday of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
April 14, 2016 will mark the 125th birthday of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar celebrated.
Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (born April 14, 1891 in Mhow; died December 6, 1956 in Delhi), also known by his honorary name Babasaheb, was an Indian lawyer, politician and social reformer. As a member of the Mahar, a population group that lives mainly in Maharashtra and the neighboring states and is traditionally counted among the Dalits, Ambedkar fought against social discrimination through the system of categorizing Hindu society into four varas and the caste system. In 1956 he converted to Buddhism, triggering a mass conversion of hundreds of thousands of Dalits to Theravada Buddhism.
After India gained independence on August 15, 1947, the Congress government named Ambedkar as India's first Justice Minister. On August 29, 1947, he was appointed chairman of the drafting committee for drawing up the new Indian constitution. B.R. Ambedkar played a key role in shaping the Indian constitution, and in particular advocated its secular and non-discriminatory character.
The Ambedkar Jayanti (birthday) is a national holiday in India on April 14th to commemorate Babasaheb Ambedkar. It marks Ambedkar's birthday in 1891, when Indian political leaders such as the President, Prime Minister and the leaders of the main political parties at the statue of B.R. Pay tribute to Ambedkar in the Parliament of India in New Delhi. This day is also celebrated all over the world, especially by Dalits who converted to Buddhism after his example.
Perspectives India 1/2016 - The Life and Age of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar
Wikipedia - Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (German)
Wikipedia - Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
Wikipedia - Ambedkar Jayanti
Dalit Solidarity Germany
Dalit Solidarity Germany - Ambedkar
- What does France trade with Canada
- What is a customer ID
- Let your kids have technology
- When do wolves become dangerous
- Can psychopaths believe in religion?
- What are the dangers of socialism
- Is India moving away from secularism
- Is Alibaba worth 156 billion as of September 2014
- What happens when you do Shambhavi Mahamudra
- What will you do next year?
- How useful is the Google Home Mini
- Should women be allowed to get divorced
- How can I kiss an unknown girl
- Is Guru Gobind Singh ji a Muslim
- Why is the sun so big
- There are more millennials than baby boomers
- Who are the allies of Great Britain
- Think of yourself as selfish
- Isn't obstructive azoospermia untreatable
- QUT is good for engineering
- Is linguistics difficult to study
- Why was the Vietnam War so intense
- What are the best bridal ring designs
- What's your experience with colloidal silver