Who are all the billionaires who have graduated
Billionaires: number increases by seven percent
A study by Wealth X in collaboration with UBS shows that one in three million people on earth is a billionaire. Today there are more billionaires on the planet than ever before - namely 2,325. In the past year (July 2013 to June 2014) the number of billionaires rose by seven percent. Not only their numbers but also their fortunes increased. In total, they now own $ 7.3 trillion and control four percent of global wealth. Billionaires have an average cash worth of $ 600 million, with $ 94 million invested in real estate. The study assumes that the number of billionaires will continue to grow.
[Editor's note:The video embedded here has been (temporarily) removed, but can still be found here: Wealth X And UBS Billionaire Census 2014 HD / YouTube.]
The capital of billionaires is New York
The number of billionaires grew the most in the United States. The United States is now the country with the highest rate of billionaires: 571 billionaires live there. As a region, however, Europe continues to lead the way: 775 billionaires live here. The European billionaires capital is London, while the world capital of billionaires is New York. Moscow and Hong Kong follow in second and third place. There are 123 billionaires living in Germany, making the Federal Republic fourth behind the USA, China and Great Britain.
Large transfers of wealth through inheritance
The strong increase is mainly due to the transfer of wealth between the generations: The baby boomers pass on their wealth to their children. This means that wealth is thrown together and continues to grow. Still, most billionaires (81 percent) made their fortune on their own with their companies.
The typical billionaire
The typical billionaire is thus a self-made billionaire. He is male, 63 years old, married and made his fortune in the financial sector. His fortune ranges from one billion to ten billion US dollars. Female billionaires are also in their sixty, but most of their wealth is inherited from their husbands. So many of them are widows (21 percent). 65 percent of billionaires have a university degree - 11 percent have a PhD.
Source:Wealth X and UBS Billionaire Census 2014
- Are there unsafe areas in Brisbane, Australia
- How many people still write letters today
- What if you swim every day
- Who are the Shopify experts in Philadelphia
- What makes you a philosopher?
- What should I wear to prom 1
- Which type attracts INFPs the most?
- How should the digital agency set the prices
- What is something not disgusting at all
- Why does Jose Mourinho hate Barcelona
- What is the ethnicity of albinos?
- Are air battles practical in modern warfare?
- Who is the most beautiful anime character
- Is it acceptable to cheat on your partner?
- Indian movies can't work without item songs
- What is a full truck
- Where does ayahuasca come from
- Are Australians really more egalitarian?
- What did Google do with Boston Dynamics
- Our society defines us
- How is Hong Kong different from Kashmir?
- What is the biggest mistake in voting
- Can we treat gallstones naturally?
- How do I develop a high level of patriotism