Who will win Manchester United or Liverpool
Premier League - Liverpool win at Burnley and are close to the Champions League
With the 3-0 (1-0) in Burnley on Wednesday (May 19, 2021) Liverpool moved up to fourth place. That was made possible by Leicester City's defeat by Chelsea the day before. Liverpool can now secure participation in the Champions League on the last matchday with a home win on Sunday (5 p.m.) against Crystal Palace, provided Leicester does not catch up four goals in the goal difference in its home game against Tottenham.
Roberto Firmino (43.), Nathaniel Phillips (52.) and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (88.) scored the victory in front of 3,500 spectators at table 17. out.
Chelsea takes revenge against Leicester
Meanwhile, coach Thomas Tuchel took an important step towards returning to the Champions League with Chelsea. In front of around 8,000 spectators, Chelsea won 2-1 (0-0) against Leicester City late on Tuesday evening to take revenge for the lost FA Cup final and jump to third place in the Premier League table.
National player Antonio Rüdiger gave Chelsea the lead in the 47th minute of the game. Then Jorginho (66.) scored with a penalty that Timo Werner had taken. Leicester only managed to catch up with Kelechi Iheanacho (76th) and later slipped out of the Champions League ranks due to the defeat and Liverpool's victory.
Manchester United also benefit from Leicester's defeat
Manchester United also benefited from Leicester's defeat. The club had not yet made the runner-up in the Premier League perfect when their fans returned to Old Trafford. The English top football club did not get more than 1: 1 (1: 0) against Fulham on Tuesday (May 18, 2021). But when Chelsea beat Leicester late on Tuesday evening, second place behind the already established champions Manchester City was certain.
Edinson Cavani (15th) had put United in the lead with a dream goal, the Uruguayan lifted the ball from about 30 meters over Fulham goalkeeper Alphonse Areola. Joe Bryan (76.) managed to equalize with his head. 10,000 fans saw the game live in the stadium, and for the first time in 14 months United played it in front of their own fans.
The opening had been planned for a while, but against the background of the latest fan protests, the decision was at least reconsidered, according to media reports. At the beginning of May, the fans had massive protests against United's owner family around club boss Joel Glazer for the cancellation of the game against Liverpool, 200 to 300 of them even gained access to the inside of the stadium.
The fans also expressed their displeasure about the rescheduling last week - United lost 2: 4. The reason is the ultimately failed plans of the European top clubs to found a Super League.
- Are Australians really more egalitarian?
- Last longer selvedge jeans
- What are the military relations between Pakistan and Nepal
- What should everyone know about Paris
- How do I hang up my shirts
- Where do moonstones come from
- How does an ATM dispense cash 1
- We lack freedom
- Which airline has the best safety record?
- Has Amrita University hostels
- Which Balkan countries have Starbucks
- Same sex marriage is legal in Denmark
- Abbreviations What stands for B C.
- Why sports facilities are important
- Is it worth subscribing to Bloomberg
- What is an apostille certificate 1
- Why did European royal houses get married?
- What kind of neighbors do you like
- How important is a doctorate for students
- What is Shakespeare's most tragic play
- Will the queen ever give an interview
- Is it OOPs or OOP
- Why is Denmark peaceful
- What are some disadvantages of maturity
- How much can religion affect a person?
- What are the pitfalls of webcam modeling
- Why did rugby union get professional
- Why does Borat speak Polish
- Which countries honor expired passports
- What are some household spermicides
- What are the career opportunities in IoT
- What are the most successful SaaS companies
- Canada is better than America now