What is a traditional Nigerian breakfast
What do people in Nigeria eat?
The staple foods in Nigeria include yams, sweet potatoes and plantains, as well as corn and millet. Rice is fried, with coconut milk or as jollof rice with tomatoes and onions.
Fried plantains are called in Nigeria Dodo. You can eat them as a side dish or as thinner chips as a snack between meals. Iyan is a yam mash - like mashed potatoes, only made from yams. Shuku Shuku are a sweet treat. For example, soybean milk is drunk or Kunu, a drink made from millet, or Zobo from roselle juice.
Soups and stews
People in Nigeria like to eat soups and stews. Since it is very hot here, soups help to absorb a lot of fluids. How about egussi soup? It's a stew with meat, dried fish, vegetables and melon seeds. Meat, peanuts and tomatoes belong in Maafe.
Akara made from cowpeas
Do you know cowpeas? These are white beans with a black spot on the end of the stem that looks like an "eye". They grow in West Africa and are the basis for Akara. To do this, the beans are ground and kneaded into a dough, which is then fried, i.e. fried in hot fat (palm oil). For eating, you cut them open and fill them with seasoning pastes or tomato salad. In the north of Nigeria this dish is called Kosai. Akara is popular for breakfast. Plus there is Ogi, a corn porridge.
A typical food from the north of Nigeria is Kilishi. These are thin strips of meat. The beef, sheep or goat meat is air-dried and repeatedly coated with a seasoning paste. It is roasted before it is eaten.
Suya hot meat skewers. Marinated beef or chicken, and sometimes offal such as kidney or liver, are skewered and grilled. Sometimes fish is also skewered. Suya is also commonly sold at roadside stalls.
Only with the right!
The right hand is used to eat. The left hand is considered an unclean hand throughout West Africa. You like to eat anything spicy.
- Sell brands only Maggi Masala
- What are the uses of beams
- Why is school life so boring
- How many compliments do you usually get
- What's cheap in Hong Kong
- Is a certain race unattractive to find racism
- How did the battle of Weihaiwei end
- Who is stronger Goku or Superman
- What are examples of ironic satire
- What are your professional interests
- What was the downfall of Alexander the Great
- Suggest an online saree shopping site
- Why do some investors think short term
- How can I code for ERP software
- How close is Malayalam to Sanskrit
- How do I save rainwater at home
- What was your first real culture shock?
- Democracy in India is just an ideology
- Why are bad dreams never fulfilled
- What does electrophilic and nucleophilic mean?
- What gives people respect
- Can Americans Retire in Canada
- What can a narcissist do to change?
- Technology steals our jobs