What will happen now with Brexit?
Brexit : From 2021, EU citizens should no longer be able to simply move to the UK
Three and a half months after Brexit, the British House of Commons passed the law to end the free movement of European workers. Citizens from the European Union as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland should therefore no longer have free access to the British labor market from 2021.
As expected, the MPs voted for the draft law on Monday evening with a clear majority - 351 to 252 votes. He now has to pass the House of Lords.
The government wants on immigration a points system based on the Australian model push through. Workers with special qualifications should be given preference.
However, the exact criteria for this have yet to be determined. Interior Minister Priti Patel spoke of a system that is "fairer and easier". The opposition criticized workers for feeling unwelcome.
The Times newspaper warned on Tuesday about the possible effects in the health sector. According to official information, more than 100,000 positions for doctors and nurses are already vacant - this is particularly noticeable in the Corona crisis. The National Health Service (NHS) has been saved for years, according to critics.
Negotiations with the EU are ongoing
Great Britain left the EU at the end of January. There will be a transition phase until the end of the year in which practically nothing will change. An extension of this phase is possible, but Prime Minister Boris Johnson has so far categorically excluded it.
Brussels and London are currently wrestling over their future relationship. This is in addition to freedom of movement also about a trade agreement, fishing rights, data protection, the security of air and rail traffic and many other topics. A summit is planned for June. Without new agreements, there is a risk of a hard break at the end of the year. (dpa)
- What is stopping you from traveling to Canada
- What challenges do women face in retirement?
- How do I calculate the payroll manually
- Are Mongols the same as Mongols
- What material is used in the sprocket
- What is the story of Volkswagen
- How does communication affect someone's life?
- What are the requirements for big data
- How do I recognize an INFP
- How does it feel to be privileged
- What exactly does an engineer do
- What is the importance of immigration
- How powerful are the Five Eyes FVEY
- When do Formula 1 racing drivers start
- What are the Israelis most proud of?
- How do you like doing housework
- What is the story of Davao City
- Where is Los Angeles
- What makes Dubai so luxurious
- How would Bill Gates spend 100
- What are some strange cultures you know
- Is there classicism in your country?
- Why is Bollywood making anti-Hindu films
- Who is an INFJ's worst enemy
- How can technology help me overcome procrastination
- Tired is a sign of cancer
- What is career aspiration
- What causes sudden cardiac arrest
- Do special forces soldiers enjoy fighting
- Is Scotland recognized by the United Nations
- Who makes cutlery in the US
- Why is Cola Studio Pakistan very successful
- How do Kazakhstan see Turkey