When will Xi Jinping die?
Wuhan whistleblower doctor dies
The 34-year-old Li Wenliang (article picture) contracted the virus himself while fighting the virus and the "comprehensive efforts" to save his life were in vain, said the central hospital in the Chinese metropolis of Wuhan. Li worked there as an ophthalmologist. At the end of last year, he noticed symptoms in patients that were similar to those of the Sars pathogen. According to the official statistics, a total of 349 people in mainland China died from the Sars virus in 2002 and 2003.
In a message to colleagues on December 30th, Li shared his findings. Together with seven colleagues who had also reported the existence of the novel virus, he was then warned by the police about "spreading rumors". Li later became infected while treating a patient.
Li was celebrated by Chinese internet users. He was "a hero" who paid for his efforts against the virus with his life, wrote a user who described himself as an orthopedic surgeon on the Weibo network.
With the approval of the party's central committee, the state supervisory commission sent an investigation team to Wuhan, the agency said. The ophthalmologist's death had sparked great sympathy across the country because for many Chinese it symbolized the consequences of the authorities' slow response to the coronavirus.
A Chinese laboratory tests for coronavirus
Meanwhile, China's state and party leader Xi Jinping sees the fight against the spread of the virus in a "decisive phase". In a phone call with US President Donald Trump, according to state media, Xi Jinping explicitly referred to the World Health Organization (WHO), which had warned other countries against overreactions. He hoped that the USA would also assess the situation "calmly" and, in response, would take and adapt their measures "appropriately".
The number of deaths continues to rise
The President was apparently referring to the US entry ban for Chinese and foreigners who were previously in China - with the exception of relatives of US citizens. "We are completely confident and in a position to defeat the epidemic," said Xi Jinping.
The number of deaths from the novel virus is now significantly higher in mainland China than during the Sars epidemic. According to new figures from the Chinese government, 636 people in mainland China have now died as a result of the infection.
nob / sti (afp, ap, dpa)
- Is it possible to make food free?
- Is AdWords a SEM
- How sustainable is fast fashion
- Which engagement ring did you get
- How can I rent a Fortnite bus
- How do you wear gloves
- What does s999 sterling silver mean
- What is the difference between red and red
- Is Waldorf education a cult
- Which is preferably Arduino or STM32
- Is secularism all about destroying Hindus?
- How much pollution do cargo ships cause
- Which province is the warmest in Canada
- Do you prefer WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger
- What is the best free Ruby IDE
- What kind of trees does plywood make
- How can I open a Nike store
- Is love immortal
- What are the characteristics of artificial intelligence
- How serious is Russia's demographic problem
- How to do community service ordered by the court
- What is a registered VPP package
- Why is IIIT Hyderabad underestimated
- Which volleyball brand is the best
- How do West Bengal see Bangladesh
- How important are social relationships with young people
- Why do boxers wear gloves
- What is true art
- How do I get chloroform
- What is hinge force
- How would you describe a bad person
- What does estar de bajoncillo mean
- Is software engineering good for introverts
- Is the Aryan invasion theory true?