How is it that China does not export fish?
Fish 2030: Future Prospects for Fisheries and Aquaculture
Nutrition and Health on Tuesday, 02/11/2014 - 10:00 (comment now)
This is an article from the top topic:
By 2030, two thirds of the world's fish consumption should be covered by fish farms. With steadily increasing demand, this is urgently necessary, according to the current report "Fish to 2030".
The new study by the World Bank, the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) focused on the prospects for the global fisheries and aquaculture industries.
While fish farms will supply almost two thirds of the world's fish consumption by 2030, wild catches are decreasing proportionally. Another important aspect was the significantly increasing demand for fish from the internationally growing middle class, such as in China.
Trade flow directly to industrialized countries
These were the main results of the study "Fish to 2030: Prospects for Fisheries and Aquaculture" published last Wednesday. It also highlights the extent of the global seafood trade, which flows primarily from developing to industrialized countries. According to the FAO, 38 percent of all fish produced worldwide is currently exported and two thirds of fish exports from developing countries go directly to industrialized countries.
- EU: Sustainable fisheries policy from 2014 (December 2013) ...
Asia as an enormous growth market
As the IFPRI reports, people were wrong in 2003 because the rapid growth in aquaculture was hard to believe: "Compared to a similar study from 2003, we now see that the growth in aquaculture production is much stronger than we are Have accepted."
A significant and rapidly growing market for fish is China, the report said. He estimates that by 2030 38 percent of global fish consumption will be in the Middle Kingdom and 70 percent in Asia as a whole. China and many other nations have therefore invested large sums in aquaculture to meet this growing demand.
Sharp increase in tilapia and co.
The report also assumes that in 15 years' time up to 62 percent of fish products will come from aquaculture. Here, the greatest increase is likely to be seen in fast-growing fish species such as tilapia, carp and catfish. Tilapia production alone will double between 2010 and 2030 from 4.3 million to 7.3 million tons per year, as reported by "Fish to 2030".
- First results in the fight against illegal fishing (February 6th) ...
Sustainability is crucial
The report provides developing countries with valuable information with regard to economic growth through fish production, said Jürgen Vögele, World Bank Director of the Agriculture and Environment Sector. However, he emphasized that this should only be sustainable. "We continue to see excessive and irresponsible exploitation in the field of fisheries and aquaculture, among other things, disease outbreaks have had a major impact on production."
- Inseparable: EU campaign for sustainable fisheries starts (January 28th) ...
Positive potential of aquaculture
Árni M. Mathiesen, Deputy Director of the FAO Fisheries and Aquaculture Institute, emphasized the long-lasting and positive potential of properly managed aquaculture. He emphasized: "In view of a world population that is expected to grow to nine billion by 2050, responsible aquaculture can make a significant contribution to global food security and economic growth, especially in regions with unsafe food supplies."
- The fog dies in Avengers Endgame
- What is IELTS coaching
- What use is a pay slip
- What part of Alabama is Birmingham in
- What is the definition of Buddhism
- Is the astrology correct?
- What types of Indian jewelry are there
- How strict are the alcohol laws in Turkey
- Is Israel approaching a serious economic crisis?
- Will Asana compete with Yammer
- What are the effects of caffeine tolerance
- Where can I find free pallets
- Can you walk why or why not
- Why is anti-Semitism so innate
- What does the expression go figure
- How can I stop menstrual periods permanently
- What is GHI Senior Care
- How do you get permanent gold teeth
- Anti-Semitism is becoming mainstream
- Why is Ayurveda dangerous?
- What should children do when parents fight
- Everything is art
- What knowledge should architects have
- What is your opinion on being materialistic