Which badminton racket should I use?
The badminton racket purchased with factory stringing must be re-strung, either because the string has broken or the stringing is down. Not everyone has a badminton dealer in their area and in many general sports shops it looks rather poor when it comes to the selection of badminton strings and specialist advice. Many of our customers report that in a normal sports shop there is often only one string in stock and that the staff does not have much knowledge. From our point of view, this is not particularly surprising, how should adequate knowledge be available when the seller has accessories from perhaps 20 different sports in his shop. So what should you watch out for when your badminton racket needs to be re-strung?
⋅ The string tension: There are string densities from approx. 8.5 to 16kg. High tension from approx. 12 kg should only be played by top players. With increasing string tension, ball control increases but ball acceleration decreases. This is because the so-called trampoline effect suffers from high string tension. With high string tension, the optimal hit area (sweet spot) becomes smaller and smaller, if a ball is not hit exactly in the middle, it is hardly possible to get a reasonable length into the ball. So we don't have to deal with such hard strings at this point! For a person of normal strength you can do nothing wrong with a string tension of approx. 10kg. Ambitious hobby players with several years of experience can carefully feel their way up to 10.5 to 11kg. It is best to go up in 0.5 kg steps and then see if the ball acceleration is still sufficient. If this is still good, then you can try 11kg the next time you string it. In this context, please also note that badminton strings with a higher hardness tend to tear more easily, this is because the strings then become less elastic and therefore more susceptible. Beginners and people who do not play badminton more than once a week, we clearly recommend to play with no more than 10kg. People who have less strength in their arms are also welcome to try 9.5kg, you will find that with less kg it becomes easier to hit the badminton ball to the opposing baseline.
⋅ Badminton string diameter:The thinner a badminton string, the more ball acceleration and control. Of course, thin badminton strings tend to break faster than thicker strings. The average badminton string these days is about 0.69mm thick. The currently thinnest badminton string with market relevance has a thickness of 0.61mm. Beginners should choose a string of normal thickness, as the badminton ball is often hit badly. Very thin strings do not make sense here, as there is a high probability that the strings will break very often. The exception is again people who have little strength. Here it can make sense to switch to thinner strings quickly so that more pitch can be achieved and it cannot be assumed that the strings will constantly break. Experienced hobby players should try thinner strings with a diameter of approx. 0.66mm. We have many customer meetings every day with players who need new strings. The great majority of players felt a noticeable improvement in terms of hardness and feel after switching to a thinner string.
The following normal thick badminton strings are particularly recommended for you:
⋅ Ashawax Zymax Fire 69 (diameter 0.69mm)
⋅ Yonex Nanogy 95 (diameter 0.69mm)
The following thinner strings are particularly recommended for you:
⋅ Ashawax Zymax Fire 66 (diameter 0.66mm)
⋅ Yonex Nanogyy 98 (diameter 0.66mm)
If you don't have a professional badminton racket stringing service in your area, you can also use ours Stringing service for mail order customers use.
- How are illegal immigrants found
- How did Justine Musk meet Elon Musk
- ASP NET is still in trend
- How does universal health care correspond to socialism?
- Are women equipped for challenges
- Why don't US schools teach geography
- What is the best free Ruby IDE
- Sells Nykaa original cosmetic make-up products
- What did Homo Sapiens use as a shelter
- What is the main purpose of petticoats
- What is combined stand
- What is the transparency of a diamond
- Any pharmacy can fill out your prescription
- How long do lithium batteries last
- Anyone can wear a pearl gem
- Positive thinking can lead to happiness
- What is preferred presentation on wedding invitation
- Where is Los Angeles
- How can I create 3D diamond art
- What was Ludwig Wittgenstein's philosophy
- How are women treated in Russia
- When do Formula 1 racing drivers start
- Can we become addicted to learning
- Who is your favorite Afghan hound
- Where can I get free prescription glasses?
- Why is humanity so terrible
- Eating cottage cheese makes you fat
- What US Banks Offer Foreign Mortgages
- What does the Hatch Act prohibit
- How can entrepreneurship affect emerging economies
- Are oysters poisonous to dogs
- How can I learn 3D modeling right away?
- What does disagreement mean in basketball