What does the economy teach you
Politics and Economy of the Near and Middle East (M.A.)
To get to know
Expand content Collapse content ContentContents
The interdisciplinary master’s course "Politics and Economy of the Near and Middle East" represents a combination of political and economic sciences for the region of the Near and Middle East that is unique in Germany Persian) and topics at the interfaces between politics and business are research-oriented and discussed. The students should be interested in analyzing the socio-political conflicts in the Near and Middle East from an interdisciplinary perspective and in pursuing their own political and economic issues. Students who already have knowledge of economics will first attend political science modules and vice versa.
The focus of the master’s course is on content in which business and politics are intertwined. Examples include resource conflicts, the distribution of oil revenues, relationships between prosperity and development, political effects of investments, Islamist economic policy, clientelism, etc.
Expand content collapse content PerspectivesPerspectives
With the master’s degree, you qualify for a wide variety of fields of activity in the political and economic field of the Near and Middle East as well as for a doctorate.
During your studies, you will acquire the ability to analyze political and economic relationships and develop solution strategies.
The course does not lead to a uniform job description. After completing your studies, you will be qualified for various fields of activity, for example in the following areas:
- International institutions and organizations
- International commercial enterprises (industry, trade, banks, financial services)
- Science (university, research institutions)
- Policy advice (public administration, associations, institutions and organizations)
- Media, publishers and public relations
Expand content Collapse content What our students sayThat our students say
This is what ours say ...
This is what our students say on studycheck.de
"Thanks to the course, I had great experiences, especially language stays in Iran lasting several months and learned a lot about the then and current political contexts in the Orient."
(Rating from 02/04/2016)
Overall rating: 4.1 out of 5 points
Particularly positively rated:
Expand content Collapse content Not sure yet? Not sure yet? Study orientation offers
We support you with individually designed information and advice, both here at the university and online, on the way to a successful choice of course! Find out more about the offers for master’s students here.
By asking ...
Current note on office hours: Due to the current situation with regard to the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19), personal advice is only available by phone and / or email. See the exact information on the web pages of the respective counseling center!
Expand content Collapse content Subject-specific advice and details on the degree programSpecial advice and details on the degree program
Expand content Collapse content Advice on choosing a course and range of courses Advice on choosing a course and range of courses
The Central General Student Advisory Service (ZAS) is the central point of contact for information and advice on studying at Philipps University.
Open office hours (brief consultation): Mon 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Wed 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Thu 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Individual consultation appointments can be arranged on our "Advice and Contact" page.
You can also reach us by phone on the Studifon at (+49) 06421 28-22222.
Expand content Collapse content Administrative advice on the application and approval processAdministrative advice on the application and approval process
Manuela Jarschel, Linda Niese, Lilli Obholz
Email: [email protected]
Biegenstraße 10, room 00022 (ground floor)
Mon - Fri, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
You can also call us on the Studifon at 06421 28-22222.
Expand content Collapse content Advice on career guidance Advice on career guidance
- Can I join UCSB?
- Is JIT a compiler or an interpreter
- What is upper and middle back pain
- After engineering, can I establish international relationships?
- What is the benefit of inbound marketing
- What things make a friend happy?
- Think women shy men are losers
- What is the scope of biological science
- What are the best Malayalam films
- How does FI eradicate poverty
- Dubai belongs to which country
- Who needs the EU
- Which country offers the cheapest rent
- How can I contact the police
- Speaks vulgar or profane
- What happens in the NEET consultation for MBBS
- What do you think of male feminists
- What are the ingredients in Aperol
- What makes you stand out in Indian politics?
- Why am I always bored and negative
- What is seen as poor eyesight
- What is positive and normative economics
- What are some examples of talent
- The homeowner insurance covers TV damage