What exactly does promotion of women mean?
Promotion of women
Promotion of women definition
The term advancement of women originated with the new women's movement and is therefore still relatively young. The aim is to overcome restrictions in women's life by removing legal restrictions in the Basic Law, equality for women in typical male professions or enabling better re-entry into the profession after the birth of a child.
Development of the advancement of women:
The New Women's Movement emerged in the 1960s. From these self-organized women's groups, the first autonomous women's education institutions developed, which were converted into recognized adult education providers from the 1980s onwards. In the meantime, equal rights for women are guaranteed in the Women's Promotion Act.
Therefore, the focus of the advancement of women is rather on professional advancement and education. To this end, at the beginning of the 1990s federal states and the European Union financed funding programs, which are still in place today. In addition, politicians strive for equality on the labor market.
Criticism of the advancement of women:
- Wage discrimination against women
- Education and training did not lead to a significant change in the distribution of income and management positions.
- Previous measures did not lead to the desired success.
Promotion of women in practice
In Germany, as well as in Switzerland and Austria, companies are wasting a lot of valuable potential if management positions continue to be a male domain. It is a fact that due to demographic change, the shortage of skilled workers on the labor market is increasing, whether in the private sector, in the public service, in science or in companies.
Here in particular, promoting women, e.g. through mentoring in development strategies, in personnel management or in setting up a business, has many advantages.
But there are also many possibilities with the right diversity management:
- Mixed teams: A correct mix in the recruitment policy increases profitability.
- Supporting male managers at the same time avoids discrimination in the workplace.
- External offers: Such offers can be mentoring projects, training courses or coaching. This promotes openness in discussions, ensures a constructive distance and broadens the company's horizons.
What is lacking in companies, however, is the courage to try diversity management. Good examples of this personnel management are Volkswagen, Audi, Daimler and Allianz. These companies have signed a declaration of commitment to promote women and in the end benefit from better profitability.
- Bitcoin loophole is a scam
- What person has aged very well
- Neuroscience technology is a good career
- Cultural appropriation is subjective
- How do I read online newspapers every day
- America has been more racially divided since 1945
- How do you become a solution architect
- How many different citrus fruits are there
- Why is Medicare good
- What is pendant lamp
- Should I move to Toronto
- Who was Australias Prime Minister in 1941
- What makes something popular
- What is the hardest part of skydiving
- Is hydrocephalus hereditary
- What do foreigners think of Iraq
- How did Hong Kong become British
- How do I make a friendship work
- What does turquoise jewelery remind you of?
- How can lost motivation be regained
- Should cannabis be legalized
- Is Hindu law different from Indian law?
- Why should you become a corporate attorney
- How do North Macedonians feel about Bulgarians?
- Why is there a Gaza crisis
- What do Canadians really like
- How rich is Poland
- Solo travel is possible
- Who was Virat Kohli's first girlfriend
- Which is India's first bullet train project
- How do you survive a cold winter
- Are lab-made diamonds a good investment?
- Should I study medicine at 25?
- IAS officers have guns