How translators translate idioms
Dictionary of idioms
Phrasen.com is different! Not a dictionary in the classic sense, but a multilingual Linguistic dictionary. For whole sentences and parts of them, for translations and synonyms.
There are common items for everyday life and travel, plus idioms, proverbs and quotes. In short: Phrasen.com is (mostly) more than just a word - and therefore close to the use of language.
To look up translations for certain idioms, you can either feed the search mask with key words or use the alphabetical overview.
Do you already know the translations for these phrases?
Many soccer sayings are known for their soccer players
Or vice versa. There are football philosophers like Sepp Herberger or George Best, whose wisdom and life experience can be seen in every one of their words.
And then there is Andi Möller. We gathered a few footballer quotes and translated them into the other language. I think we thank the thinkers of football.
We have to become strong without ever losing our tenderness
The notorious communism - to this day the word "communist" is a dirty word for many. Especially for those who are ideologically closest to communism: for Christians.
What we experienced with Russia, China and the GDR was not communism, even if it was called that, it was left fascism. The violence and constraints of these systems prove this.
What Marx and Trotsky had in mind is the same as what Moses strived for with the Ten Commandments, Jesus with the Sermon on the Mount and Buddha with his teachings: the expulsion of man from hell.
Do you already know the translation for ...
- What's the coolest API for mobile apps
- Is the fan more dangerous or an air conditioner
- What do Greek women like so far
- Want Gujarati's independence
- What is water rice
- Why is AOC attacking Nancy Pelosi
- How do we remove Hamas from the Gaza Strip?
- What do other Indians think of Punjabis
- Why is Ayurveda dangerous?
- Should I just give up on life
- White nationalist content is prohibited on Twitter
- Why do you love tamil nadu
- All women tear up in childbirth
- What are strings for instruments made of
- What are some of the criticisms of Mozart's music
- How do I write a simple compiler
- What Promises Trump has actually provided evidence
- Is the German education good?
- How are legal strategies developed
- How was your first physical punishment
- Works UBI
- Why is Kazakhstan playing in UEFA
- Who should use antibacterial soaps
- How can I change the IMEI 1?