What is a sweet potato made of?
The difference between potato and sweet potato
What is the difference between sweet potatoes and potatoes? Is the sweet potato really sweet and is the preparation different? You will find answers for your questions here.
What is the difference between a potato and a sweet potato?
The name "potato" and growing underground are the only things that the two tuberous plants have in common. The two types of vegetables are prepared in the same way, but the taste of the tubers differs like day and night. The sweet potato, true to its name, is really sweet. It can owe this to the high starch content. In terms of taste, it is more similar to Hokkaido, butternut and other types of pumpkin instead of the classic potatoes. Sweet potatoes are often grown in China or Africa, while many conventional potatoes come directly from Germany and can therefore be bought regionally. The cooking time of the sweet potato is about a third shorter than that of the potato. It can also be eaten raw in salads or as a snack. The potato, on the other hand, should never be eaten raw.
Sweet Potato and Potato: Distant Relationships
Do something good for the body with the "Batat"
The delicious reddish tuber can do more than you might think: whether raw or cooked, whether sweet or salty, whether baked or deep-fried, whether as raw vegetables or sweet potato casserole - the tuber always tastes good and always works with the right recipe, guaranteed. And it not only tastes good, but also has an excellent effect on our health if it regularly lands on our plates. While our German potatoes are poison in the ears of healthy foodists as well as figure and nutrition-conscious people, sweet potatoes are a good choice - also in the diet or for athletes. They contain more carbohydrates and calories, which is due to the high starch content, but on the other hand they shine with a low fat content, many minerals, vitamins and a high content of phytochemicals, which are good for our body as antioxidants.
Powerhouse sweet potato
Sweet potatoes as a stress killer
Which is healthier: sweet potato or classic potato?
As the name suggests, the sugar in sweet potatoes is also abundant. A total of 4.2 grams of sugar make up 100 grams, compared to just 0.8 grams for regular potatoes! The conventional potato also wins in terms of phosphorus and vitamin B content.
Ultimately, neither of the two variants can be found to be clearly healthier. Both varieties contain valuable nutrients and should be on your menu regularly.
In the video you will learn how to make sweet potato fries yourself:
- Is Sweden a dangerous country for tourists?
- Is Facebook scary
- Which runway is safer asphalt or concrete
- Have you ever regretted getting a parrot?
- What is the average wage for a nurse
- Should I visit Hong Kong this week
- Why should I visit Scotland
- Is the Indian National Congress dead
- How did you prepare for JNU CEEB
- Could America conquer the world?
- Why should paneer be avoided during pregnancy?
- When was your weakness your greatest strength
- How much tea is being sold online
- Which type attracts INFPs the most?
- The smallest thing annoys you
- How are chemicals used for dry cleaning
- Can nationalism have a positive connotation
- Aviation management is a rewarding career option
- How do I survive without friends
- Old fashion comes back
- What does tied to someone mean
- Tired is a sign of cancer
- Why is she shy around me
- How is Kolkata different from other cities