What is the least interesting Indonesian city
Contact local travel agency
Practical information about Solo
- Religious places or monuments
- Historical places or monuments
How can I get there?
9 hours train ride from Jakarta
When is the best time?
All year round
1 to 2 days
Solo, or Surakarta, is an Indonesian city that has a lot of history to offer, with the royal palace, museums and an institute for Indonesian art.
Tour the city in the morning before it gets too hot. Organize your stay on a Saturday to visit the Wayang Orang Theater in Sriwadari Park.
I leave the hostel very early and go straight to the Kraton, the royal palace. I walk through the entrance gate and am impressed by the calm atmosphere and the silence, which contrast with the commotion on the street. I'm lucky in the courtyard because I can attend a performance of wayang kulit, the Indonesian shadow theater. I am impressed by the skill of the puppeteer, but the music of the ceremonial gamelan moves me the most.
In the afternoon I relax under the trees of Sriwadari Park before discovering the Ngarsopuro night market. Colorful lights, spicy scents, children's laughter and loudspeaker music for the "Saturday night fever by Solo".
In this familiar atmosphere I attend the weekly performance of the Wayang Orang Theater. The hall is half empty, people come and go, eat and laugh. The building is a bit shabby, but the actors and dancers fascinate me with the scene play of the Ramayana, accompanied by the rhythms of the gamelan musicians. The costumes are wonderful and the masks are very sophisticated.
You can add more experiences to your travel request before your wishes are sent to a local agency
- Why do some European nations have monarchs?
- What's so great about minimalism
- Is JNU safe
- Has anyone regretted traveling the world?
- What is the compressive strength of plaster
- Is this love worth it
- Where do startups get projects from?
- What are some college hacks
- How is masochism cured
- Which is better USA or Canada
- Has anyone hit BTS because I have
- Is Andorra a forgotten country
- How do I avoid opposing blows?
- What is the unit of absolute zero
- How can I buy Google shares
- How do I block a WhatsApp group
- What are some of the criticisms of Mozart's music
- Why are Formula 1 drivers exposed?
- Is the United States a colonial empire?
- Liquid hydrogen can freeze people
- Why didn't the US invade Mexico?
- Allow yourself enough downtime
- Why is Central Asia so diverse
- How is the province of Quebec
- How good is Leicester City's Caglar Soyuncu
- Why is Netflix so awful
- Abbreviations What stands for B C.
- Is leukoderma or vitiligo curable
- How much does a Canadian visa cost
- Why does Lewis Hamilton always win
- What makes a narcissist hide?
- Can someone be gay?
- What is ASL
- Why did Vince McMahon stop commenting