What is the purpose of opening Twitter
Open web: Twitter wants an open protocol for social networks
A small team out "Open source architects, developers and designers" is intended for the company Twitter "open and decentralized standard for social media" create. The announced Twitter founder Jack Dorsey. The goal is for Twitter to be just a client of this open standard in the future.
- operational services GmbH & Co. KG, Zwickau, Dresden, Wolfsburg, Berlin
- Verwaltungs-Berufsgenossenschaft VBG statutory accident insurance, Hamburg-Barmbek
In the announcement itself, Dorsey writes that Twitter was still somewhat open at the beginning, but has become more centralized for various reasons. That in turn poses further problems for the team. This includes the global enforcement of certain guidelines, which is currently not scaling. Social media also changed: away from hosting content to using algorithms that recommend content.
Irritatingly, Dorsey refers in the announcement to blockchain technology for decentralization as well as existing technology of the payment service provider Square, which Dorsey co-founded, and not to the already existing open standard Activity Pub. The latter was specified by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and is used, for example, by the free Twitter alternative Mastodon.
The Mastodon project is accordingly surprised to the announcement and points out that the plans previously expressed by Twitter did not indicate an open and consensus-based process. Ultimately, Twitter's customers will continue to be advertising companies whose needs have to be taken care of. Ultimately, the Mastodon project accuses Twitter of wanting to design an open protocol that is controlled just as closely as Google is implementing with the Android open source project.
- How do I fix frayed electrical wires
- The British Conservatives are capitalists
- Why is Greece such a dirty country
- What makes you credible in your job
- Life without a friend is possible
- Cowboy hats look cool
- What is the application of statistics
- Is this profile actually Donald Trump
- How do plasticizers and superplasticizers differ?
- Why don't you like Tiffany Co jewelry
- How do you say today in Tagalog
- Offers Quora internships to Indian students
- Certificates should be attached to the curriculum vitae
- Can I see a Haskell code
- Why did Japan become an imperialist
- Why do digital nomads travel freely
- Can you stay unmarried forever?
- Puerto Rico becomes a country
- Is it difficult to emigrate to Vancouver
- Where can I get pure gold
- Did you meet your pen pal
- Where can I get individually printed shirts?
- How has RSS helped you
- Why do we like something