Why is mental stress stressful
Stress: Symptoms and Physical Effects of Continuous Stress
Everyone has stress at times. It only becomes dangerous when the situation becomes permanent and the body cannot break down the stress hormones released. The immune system is then decisively weakened. Before this point is reached, the body reacts with symptoms of stress.
Doctors differentiate between physical and psychological stress-related symptoms. Both are warning signs that should not be carried on your shoulder. Otherwise there is a risk of serious illness.
How is stress noticeable?
Stress symptoms reflect the alarm reaction of the body in a suddenly occurring stressful situation. The body shows increased physical activity. The organism performs an adaptive effort that does not damage health in a brief stress phase. A stress symptom only becomes dangerous if the body is not given the all-clear and theStress hormones Adrenaline and noradrenaline cannot be broken down. The body is then in a chronic state of tension and activation, which can be dangerous for health.
Summarized: From a medical point of view, stress is a physical reaction that is supposed to put the organism into "danger" and "escape mode" and make it particularly efficient in the short term - and initially not harm it. On the other hand, constant stress can have a negative effect on the body and soul of a person.
Stressors: What Causes Stress?
Stress can have different causes. What is perceived as psychological stress and how intense this perception is varies from person to person. Excessive demands at work can be a stress factor or deadline pressure in your free time. If punctuality is very important to a person, unpunctuality is perceived as a particular stress load. Stress results from the external circumstances and the assessment of these by the person concerned.
A stress study by Techniker Krankenkasse in 2016 provides information about what the greatest stressors are for Germans. 46 percent of respondents said that they felt stressed from school, university and work. Second place was taken by their own high standards with 43 percent. With 33 percent in third place, the respondents named too many obligations and tasks in their free time. These three factors make it clear what different causes stress can have: Both external and internal factors can be causes.
Warning signals from the body: There are many symptoms of stress
Stress hormones such as adrenaline and noradrenaline are formed in the adrenal gland and released when there is "danger". As a result, they cause a variety of symptoms. Most of them are extremely dangerous when exposed to constant stress and can lead to illness.
The most common physical symptoms of stress include:
- Heart and circulatory problems such as high blood pressure, dizziness, rapid heartbeat and difficulty breathing
- Head, neck, back and joint pain
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and heartburn
- uncontrollable symptoms such as twitching and muscle spasms
- Sleep disorders, chronic fatigue, exhaustion
- Skin reactions
Persistent stress: permanent stress and its consequences
The release of hormones during stress is dangerous if they are released too often, as with constant stress, and the body gets used to them. As a result, one stress symptom develops after the other. But at some point the measure is full. Stress hormones like cortisol weaken the immune system and cause exhaustion, even in onedepression can end becomes permanent.
Constant and stressful stress harms the body and soul and can trigger diseases. Examples of illnesses caused by stress are:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Anxiety and anxiety disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness
- eating disorder
- High blood pressure
Coping with stress: Identifying and alleviating stressors
Those who do not know their stress limits live dangerously. Every stress symptom - from high blood pressure to headache - should therefore be taken seriously and acted accordingly. This is the only way to stay healthy in the long term.
Since stress is perceived differently from person to person, coping with stress is also different for each individual. It can help some people to talk to people they know about stress and to exchange ideas. Others prefer relaxation techniques, exercise in the fresh air, or music to counteract the stressors.
EU stress: is there such a thing as "good" stress?
Scientists differentiate between two different types of stress: dis- and eu-stress. Dis-stress describes negative stress and is often associated with unpleasant stress reactions and stress symptoms. There is also positive or good stress, also known as Eu stress. This type of stress is not associated with excessive demands and is not perceived as burdensome.
EU stress usually arises when you do something with a lot of fun and enthusiasm. Here, stress can even promote performance.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- How is the IT market in Dubai
- What is the ultimate fate
- What is stopping you from traveling to Canada
- Can I train myself vocal classically
- Which choice defined you
- Help social media people
- Who now live in Polish Jewish houses
- Male names are given to Sikh women
- Aging is a form of slow death
- Why are many African nations pro-American
- What is the hubridization of N3
- How is Sweden different from Finland?
- Who is the best skin specialist in Trivandrum
- What are the best wedding decorations
- What annoys an ISTP
- Psychiatrists help people
- Do antibiotics kill beneficial bacteria
- Why should small businesses engage in social media
- What are the family traditions in the Philippines
- What happens when you do Shambhavi Mahamudra
- Will attack Duterte Sabah
- Is Manchester United a good football team
- Why do black people have a flat nose?
- A PhD in finance is worthless