Is China more powerful than India
China versus India: Why Beijing has to accept a defeat
A remote plateau between the peaks of the Himalayas has been the stage for a show of force between China and India in the past two months. On the Doklam Plateau, which officially belongs to Bhutan, the two nuclear powers were hostile to each other. They deployed troops, Beijing's soldiers conducted military exercises, and an aggressive tone dominated the Chinese reporting.
The reason for the conflict is the controversial demarcation of the border between China, India and Bhutan. Tensions go back a long way until the British colonial era in the 19th century. After the Chinese built a road on the Doklam Plateau in mid-June, the Kingdom of Bhutan called on its neighbor India for help. Beijing and Delhi have now agreed on the status quo and want to withdraw from the disputed area. India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi is proving that his country can counter China's apparent omnipotence in the region.
"Both sides have formulated the solution in such a way that they can save face," said Christian Wagner from the WELT Foundation for Science and Politics (SWP). "However, Modi has shown that he can stand firm against China's President Xi Jinping."
India's fear of the chicken neck blockage
So far, Beijing wanted India to withdraw from the territory that China claims with a reference to an agreement with Great Britain from 1890. Only then did you want to start negotiations again. Delhi, on the other hand, insisted that China stop building roads. There was fear in India that the Chinese would want to cut off the "chicken neck," a narrow corridor that gives Delhi access to its northeastern areas.
- What are some unknown hidden Gmail features
- How's a dealer's day
- How is Barack Obama intelligent?
- How is South Korea really
- Are liberal Hindu cowards
- Stevia is the best sugar substitute
- Is McDonalds Halal in Sydney
- How do I live my life 2
- How is propaganda in your country
- What are some misconceptions about social media
- What is a Canadian Tax Return Form
- Extroverts are generally less considerate than introverts
- Where can I meet narcissists
- Can someone be really angry without killing
- When is minimalist design inappropriate?
- How is the Paris business school
- What are specific products
- Cultural appropriation is subjective
- What makes people travel alone
- Which state has the most bears?
- Why would someone have killed Jeffrey Epstein?
- How can someone develop a murmur of the heart
- Have you ever had a dream together?
- Leave Turkey out of Islam