Why is lithium ionic and beryllium covalent
The periodic table of the elements online
What is the oblique relationship?The oblique relationship in the PSE describes the fact that the starting members of the main group elements from lithium to oxygen behave more like lighter homologues of the group adjacent to the right from the second homologue onwards. In plain language this means that the main groups "offset one place to the right and below" have more similarities than in the direct vertical row. This results in six oblique relationship pairs: Clearly pronounced in lithium in its similarity to Mg instead of Na. Strongly pronounced in Be in its resemblance to Al instead of Mg. Very pronounced in boron in its similarity to silicon, instead of aluminum. Weakly pronounced for carbon and phosphorus, nitrogen and sulfur. Clearly pronounced in the pair of oxygen and chlorine versus fluorine and chlorine, or oxygen and sulfur.
What are the reasons for this phenomenon?The ratio of ionic radius to charge can serve as a rule of thumb for the chemical behavior of elements in the reactions. When comparing the elements of the second to the third period, it is noticeable that the elements shifted by one group to the right are more similar than their own homologues:
- Why is Athens worse than Sparta
- Can you realize your greatest dreams on your own
- Dentists Orthodontists Is your job stressful
- What is the definition of jewelry store 2
- Which monument best symbolizes the USA?
- What were Wittgenstein's greatest contributions?
- Why is the Chartered Accountancy course overrated
- What is the best arthritis ayurvedic capsule
- What does measles look like in adults
- Do you think Manchester United need Zlatan
- Why is the UK not abolishing the UK?
- How powerful are the Five Eyes FVEY
- Why is Australia's population so high
- What do i need to join WWE
- Can we stop the reversal of the ACH transmission
- What is your favorite jewelry maker
- What creates stress
- How is life in luxury
- How do liberals and leftists differ?
- What are paranoid delusions
- How does Cebu compare to Metro Manila
- How much is Uber paying
- There is a course for fashion stylists
- What is the global innovation index
- Which DSLR camera is recommended for beginners
- Why do people party at night
- What can bring Iran and Israel together
- How much does drone system software cost
- You can sell domains for a big profit
- What was Gautama Buddha wrong about?
- What happened to patriotic British
- Does Brexit benefit anyone?