What are Paraguay's main exports
Paraguay at a glanceParaguay in a statistical overview, all important facts and figures on demography, politics and economy at a glance.
406,752 km2 (World rank: 58)
6,120,000 = 15.0 per km2 (F 2007, world rank: 103)
gross domestic product
$ 16.0 billion
real growth: 5.8%
Gross National Product (GNP, per inhabitant and year)
US $ 1710
1 guaraní (G) = 100 céntimos
Embassy of the Republic of Paraguay
Hardenbergstrasse 12, 10623 Berlin
Telephone 030 3199860, fax 030 31998617
Head of State and Government: Fernando Lugo Méndez, Exterior: Héctor Lacognata Zaragoza
15.5. (Independence day)
17 departments and capital
State and form of government
Parliament (Congreso Nacional): House of Representatives (Cámara de Diputados) with 80 members.
Senate (Senado) with 45 members
Election every 5 years
Direct election of the head of state every 5 years (no re-election)
Elective from 18 years
F 2007: 6,120,000 pop.
last census 2002: 5,206,101 pop.
approx. 90% mestizos, 3% indigenous people (Guaraní), 2% whites, Creoles
Cities (with population)
(As of 2002) Asunción 512,112 inh., (2005 A 1.9 million), Ciudad del Este 222,274, SanLorenzo 204,356, Luque 170,986, Capiatá 154,274, Lambaré 119,795, Fernando de la Mora 113,560, Limpio 73,158, Nemby 71,909, Encarnación 67,173 , Mariano Roque Alonso 65,229, Pedro Juan Caballero 64,592, Villa Elisa 53,166
90% Catholics, 6% Protestants (as of 2002)
Employed persons by economic sector
Agriculture 32%, industry 16%, business 53% (2003)
Unemployment (in% of all economically active persons)
Ø 2007: 7.2%
Inflation rate (in%)
Ø 2008: 10.2%
Most important import goods (share of total imports in%)
26% electronics, 12% oil, 8% motor vehicles and parts, 7% machines, 6% chemical products, 5% fertilizers, 4% electrical engineering, 3% pesticides, 2% rubber goods, 2% paper and cardboard, 2% plastics
Most important export goods (share of total exports in%)
32% soy, 13% beef, 10% corn, 10% wheat, 8% animal feed, 7% vegetable oils and fats, 3% leather and goods, 2% cotton
Source: Der Fischer Weltalmanach. © Fischer Taschenbuch Verlag in S. Fischer Verlag GmbH, Frankfurt am Main 2010.
- What is the connection between Gujarati and Parsi
- What made Nike so successful?
- What is the story of Abu Dhabi
- New Zealand accepts the PTE
- Can someone change their blood type
- Why is casual sex so popular
- How do you define a complete person
- Bangladeshi girls wear bikinis or swimsuits
- What should Amazon do next
- What do the Turks think of the Chinese
- Why are politicians mostly senior citizens?
- How are briolette diamonds made
- Is western food sinised in China
- Where do rumors come from
- Does the ZMA dietary supplement really work?
- INFP is a common personality
- Why Buy From Kalyan Jewelers
- Are Caucasians a minority in California
- Who created cylinders
- Why does young love feel so beautiful
- How does monetary policy affect unemployment
- How can technology help me overcome procrastination
- Abortion is an option
- What is your favorite fan fiction