How is the dating in England
England: Researchers date the first stone tools to 2.6 million years before our time
A recent study by the University of Kent concludes that prehistoric stone tools were probably used by human ancestors thousands of years earlier than the experts previously believed. This opens up completely new perspectives for parts of archeology.
For the study, a team led by Dr. Alastair Key and Dr. David Roberts (University of Kent) in collaboration with Dr. Ivan Jaric (Czech Academy of Sciences) statistical modeling techniques that have only recently been used in archaeological science.
Apparently with great success, because the models provide remarkable new data: On the one hand, they say that the stone tools from the Oldowan must have been made around 2.617 to 2.644 million years ago - that is, 36,000 to 63,000 years earlier than previously assumed.
The origin of the Acheulean stone tool could also be clearly backdated - by at least 55,000 years to a time between 1.815 and 1.823 million years ago. The early stone tool technologies gave the human ancestors access to new foods and made it easier to make wooden tools and process animal carcasses. They were therefore very formative in evolutionary terms.
A statement on the study states: “Our research provides the best possible estimates to understand when stone tools were first made. This also makes it clear that there are probably still considerable parts of these very early cultures waiting to be discovered. "
That means: The present study provides very serious quantitative data that predict how old undiscovered sites could be. It's a little archeology treasure that seems to have opened up with new research. HeritageDaily reported.
- What does Tauba Tauba mean in Urdu
- Why don't we have two hearts
- How do public and private keys work?
- Great Britain is a meritocratic society
- Vietnamese women are pretty
- Is there a Palestinian nationalism
- What makes digital marketing more important
- What are dowel pins and their uses
- When did Indians come to Burma Why
- How does GoCar compare to GrabCar
- Why do public toilets rarely have lids?
- What do you think you are thin
- Who is smarter than Thanos or Doctor Doom
- Which countries are enemies of Uganda?
- Linux is useful
- How cold can Hawaii get? Why
- Where can I learn to swim in Ranchi
- Why do we have problems in life
- How can we see nearbuy offers
- What facilities does BPCL
- How will my married life be 1
- How can I hate cooking less
- Why didn't you try Haskell
- What do you think of Slack