How can I improve my skin structure
Medical needling to improve the structure of the skin
Microneedles have a significant impact on cell regeneration. Treating the skin with microneedles is a gentle therapy that does not damage the skin - provided, of course, that only high-quality microneedles are used. Side effects of treatment with the Dermaroller are unknown and have never been reported
Medical needling, also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT) or percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), is a minimally invasive form of medical treatment to improve the structure of the skin. Sun-damaged skin, wrinkles, scars, acne scars, burn scars, stretch marks and hyperpigmentation are all well treatable. For this purpose, dermarollers with different roller head widths of 10–20 mm and different needle lengths of 0.5–1.5 mm are used. Depending on the length, the needles have a diameter of 0.07–0.15 mm at the maximum penetration point.
The skin of the face has an average thickness of 1.5 mm. For this reason, from an anatomical point of view, dermarollers with needles longer than 1.5 mm are not required (with the exception of burn scars). Since treatments with needle lengths of 0.25 mm and beyond are painful, the skin area to be treated must be anesthetized beforehand. As a rule, local anesthesia is carried out with the application of anesthetic creams.
Epidermis becomes thicker
The causes of local skin problems are often blocked passages of the sebum and sweat glands due to deposits and adhesion of old epithelial scales. These deposits are effectively removed by the tiny needles. The skin can literally breathe better again and enlarged pores are visibly reduced. The very fine microneedles of the Dermaroller have a positive effect on the skin. If they penetrate the outermost skin barrier, the stratum corneum, the cells of the epidermis react by switching on certain genes (gene expression). Keratinocytes cells multiply and collagen VI and VII are stimulated. These form the link between the epidermis and the underlying dermis. The epidermis increases in thickness again.
About this article
Cite this article
Medical needling to improve the structure of the skin. esthete dermatol kosmetol4, 26 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12634-012-5043-8
- Why are Filipinos brown
- What is a software testing course
- What is software test reporting
- Which badminton racket should I use?
- Where did the subcultures go?
- Is it profitable to invest in wine?
- What is the origin of the German tribes
- How does art inspire architecture?
- Which foods are banned worldwide
- What is paddle penalty
- Why did 6ix9ine testify in court
- Brown rice is vegetarian
- How does poverty affect children?
- Not having breakfast adds weight
- How does personality affect consumer behavior?
- How could Google Docs be improved?
- What are Nehru's biggest mistakes?
- All people should philosophize
- Can the President visit secret military bases?
- Why healthy eating is better than dietary supplements
- Why did the UK leave Hong Kong?
- What if rotation and revolution were swapped
- Why do you need a career
- What's your favorite chewy candy
- Are there Muslim members in BJP
- When did fashion start?
- Why are people so flat and judgmental
- Can a psychopath be a good person
- How can conservatives support LGBT people
- Is Israel approaching a serious economic crisis?
- How are we supposed to feel about teenage pregnancy?
- What is a Mangal Sutra
- How rich can Chinese government officials be?
- Which is the best high fashion brand