How do I emigrate to Poland
Pension and health insurance in Poland
My husband is from Poland and will retire next year. But our pension is so tight that the money will hardly be enough here in Germany. We are therefore considering moving to Poland, where we could certainly afford a better life. Would our pension also be paid to us in Poland? How do we have to take out health insurance?
If you move to Poland, you will not lose your pension rights. Since Poland joined the European Union, the provisions of European social policy apply to pensioners. Pensioners can take up residence in Poland and receive their German pension there. For people who moved to the other country before 1991, however, the old provisions of the German-Polish social agreement continue to apply.
Retirees who have worked in Germany for their entire working life and paid into the German pension fund will receive their German pension in full even after moving to Poland. Non-contributory periods, such as school education, are fully taken into account. This regulation applies to both Germans and Poles who have worked in Germany and want to return to their homeland. Your pension will then be transferred to your Polish account. On the other hand, anyone who has only spent part of their working life in Germany and previously worked in Poland, for example, cannot count on a full German pension. Rather, the Polish pension insurance pays for the contribution periods completed in Poland - which of course bases the pension calculation on the lower pension level there. Pension entitlements that you have acquired in Germany are determined in accordance with German law.
In order to know what the financial consequences of moving to Poland are for you, you should inquire about the details of how your pension will be calculated from the relevant pension provider before you move. Here you can possibly also have a preliminary pension calculation carried out.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- What do deep-sea fish eat
- Do I get HIV by shaking hands?
- What if China took over the world?
- Did the Celts have tattoos
- Are Russia and China now capitalist states?
- Which company owns Cheesecake Factory
- Who is stronger Kaido or Shanks
- Who is the parent company of groupon
- What is an affordable investment watch
- What percentage of Swedes are immigrants?
- How can we develop our personality
- Miss the fashion of the 80s
- What is Shakespeare's most tragic play
- How do some politicians get other jobs?
- How do I relieve joint pain
- What natural disasters is Australia prone to?
- Why do people change fashion
- Why is French no longer the international language
- How does Hong Kong feel about drugs
- Need a school for HVAC
- What's the worst kind of loneliness
- Why do people die by suicide
- Do you prefer WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger
- Why do people hurt themselves