What is the etymology of chimaeren
Chimera (German) 
Noun, f[To edit]
- especially in Austria:chimera
- Schi · mä · re, plural: Schi · mä · ren
- IPA: [ʃiˈmɛːʁə]
- Audio samples: chimera (Info)
- Rhymes: -ɛːʁə
-  educational language:Illusion, fantasy, empty delusion
- It all began with the word story of chimera in ancient Greekχίμαιρα (chímaira)→ grc (Goat). The word as was capitalized Χίμαιρα ()→ grc for a fire-breathing monster from Greek mythology that resembled a goat in the middle of its body. In the front it was like a lion, in the back it was a dragon. This became the Latinchimaera→ la and in French developed chimère→ fr. The word first appeared in German in its Latin form and was also declined in Latin in the 16th and 17th centuries before the German inflection of the word appeared in the 18th century. It is possible that French mediated this. The transfer of the meaning from the mythical creature to Pipe dream and Illusion is based on comparisons with a chimera that stated that something was just as unreal as that mythical creature.
-  Illusion, fantasy, obsession
-  For years, Bodo has been looking for a woman again and again Chimeras chased after. It was never the right one for him.
-  "Alone chimera changes how many Chimeras, to something real ”.
-  “Anyone who places their hopes on nuclear power, CO2 capture in coal-fired power plants or biofuel in terms of climate protection will fail. With these Chimeras the energy transition cannot succeed. "
-  “Of course, peace in the face of warlike developments, we all want that, but we certainly do not want peace because we no longer have any wishes. In this sense, we do not wish to be perfectly happy, that is one Chimera.“
-  “In many areas of research it is one Chimera, to speak unbroken about the freedom of science. "
-  “So it is one Chimera, politically to steer an optimal economic growth. "
-  “The youth cult in advertising was one chimera of the Tutti Frutti broadcaster and nobody on the company side has questioned that. "
-  “It is one Chimera, to believe that if the network and transport are separated, problems will naturally be solved. "
-  chimerical
-  Jacob Grimm, Wilhelm Grimm: German dictionary. 16 volumes in 32 sub-volumes. Leipzig 1854–1961 "Chimera"
-  Digital dictionary of the German language "Chimera"
-  University of Leipzig: Vocabulary portal "Chimera"
-  The Free Dictionary "Chimera"
- ↑ 1,01,1Wilhelm Gemoll: Greek-German school and manual dictionary. From Wilhelm Gemoll. Through and exp. by Karl Vretska. With an introduction to the history of language by Heinz Kronasser. 9th edition. Oldenbourg, Munich 1991, ISBN 3-486-13401-9, "χίμαιρα", page 804
- ↑ 2,02,12,2Friedrich Kluge, edited by Elmar Seebold: Etymological dictionary of the German language. 24th, revised and expanded edition. Walter de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 2001, ISBN 978-3-11-017473-1, DNB 965096742, "Chimera", page 803
- ↑Wilhelm Gemoll: Greek-German school and manual dictionary. From Wilhelm Gemoll. Through and exp. by Karl Vretska. With an introduction to the history of language by Heinz Kronasser. 9th edition. Oldenbourg, Munich 1991, ISBN 3-486-13401-9, "Χίμαιρα", page 804
- ↑ 4,04,1Wolfgang Pfeifer et al .: Etymological dictionary of German. 8th edition. Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-423-32511-9, under “Chimera”, page 193
- ↑Richard Faber / Barbara Naumann (eds.): Literary Philosophy - Philosophical Literature, 1999, p. 210
- ↑BUND: “Do not tie climate protection to chimeras. Nuclear power and CO2 capture involve high risks ”, May 3, 2007
- ↑Deutschlandradio: “To be happy without a wish, that's a chimera”, December 24th, 2008
- ↑Michael Mueller: “Freedom of Science? A chimera “, Die Zeit 34/2001
- ↑Debate in Germany: "How free is the free market economy III", April 3rd, 2008
- ↑pressbot.de: "TV advertising worth billions was based on nonsense - age classification was an RTL marketing trick", 8 April 2009
- ↑The federal government: “The railway will not be smashed”, July 27, 2007
Similar words (German):
- written and / or pronounced similarly:Chimera
- Is Ripple XRP the next Ethereum
- What are the keywords in C.
- Why was the Haskell programming language developed
- How can I improve my communication skills
- What is an Anglo-Saxon
- When did you first experience national pride?
- What is the best Korean dinner recipe
- How is an MBA in Switzerland
- Who is the hottest woman in Canada
- What happens when we stop using plastic
- Do you have any strange friends
- How would Vladimir Putin define impeachment?
- Castor oil is toxic
- How many undocumented immigrants live in Florida
- What are the benefits of being nice
- What does it mean to be quirky
- Can deaf people get tinnitus
- Like many countries, England rules
- Running tights for men immodest
- Is ZoomInfo worth the price
- How do you become an interpreter?
- Does the universal basic income work
- Why are Apple products becoming less and less popular
- What's so great about minimalism
- Did Judaism give birth to Hinduism
- How can technology help me overcome procrastination
- People still prefer sons to daughters
- Which banks share ATMs
- How can I better interact with people
- How fast is the free standard delivery from AliExpress
- Will Disney eventually monopolize Hollywood?
- Why can't I type over 100 WPM
- What is ethical behavior