What are the most energy efficient windows
For a long time now, windows are no longer just transparent area filling elements. With rising energy costs, they have developed into sophisticated building components with a wide range of properties and functions. Today, high-quality windows are available in terms of thermal engineering, the insulation values of which are in no way inferior to those of the outer walls of old buildings. In the book, Andreas Wagner, Sebastian Henkel and Walter Kohne explain what options they offer, what variants there are and how they work Energy-efficient windows and glazing.
The fourth edition of the specialist book focuses on glazing and frames. After a short introduction, the authors first describe the building physics basics and key parameters of windows. These include, for example, the light and radiation permeability, the heat transport caused by the temperature difference between the interior of the building and the environment, as well as the use of daylight. The chapter Glazing and frames for improved thermal protection Contains detailed information on selective coatings for thermal and sun protection glazing, gas fillings in the space between the panes, thermally optimized frame structures and new materials for the edge seal to reduce the thermal conductivity in the edge area (warm edge). The innovative vacuum insulating glass and the explanations of the technical possibilities of modern glazing in thermal and optical terms are particularly interesting.
Current glare and sun protection systems, glazing and switchable glasses for controlling solar radiation and light are discussed in the section Innovative sun protection and light control treated. In further chapters, the authors explain, among other things, the structural aspects that have to be taken into account when integrating windows in new and existing buildings. One chapter is the important topic Energy and ecology dedicated. It clearly explains the physical relationships between the overall energy balance of a building and the ecological value of the materials used. This is followed by a clear compilation of commercially available calculation programs for the energetic evaluation of windows (U-values, g-values), which also includes FE programs for calculating two-dimensional heat flows in component cross-sections.
From the content:
- Window technology in transition
- Design and function of windows
- Building physics basics and parameters
- Glazing and frames for improved thermal protection
- Innovative sun protection and light control
- Structural aspects - the window in the building envelope
- Energy and ecology
- Calculation programs and other tools for the energetic evaluation of windows
- Federal government energy research
Expertise on the subject
Coatings of glass
Coatings on glass surfaces are divided into thin film and thick film layers. While the former layer thicknesses of <1 µm ...
With switchable and controllable sun protection glasses, the glass panes take on the task of sun protection, the glare-free ...
Sun protection: sun protection glasses
Just as with thermal insulation glazing, ultra-thin low-E coatings made of precious metals are used today for solar control insulating glass ...
Vacuum insulating glass
The increasing demands on the energy efficiency of buildings have not stopped at glazing either. Today are...
Thermal protection: heat flow through insulating glass
From a thermal point of view, glass surfaces are the weak points of a building. Compared to before, the thermal insulation of ...
BauNetz Wissen Glas sponsored by:
Saint-Gobain Glass Germany
- What are practical reasons for being a Buddhist?
- What are the hottest clothes right now
- What is your name 39
- Is Thor stronger than the Hulk
- Why do we need neutral conductors
- What are the best minimalist LEGO models
- Which temperature dies faster hot or cold
- How do you see asexuality
- Would my children qualify for 4 citizenships
- Is a discount taxable or not taxable
- 90 is a good TOEFL score
- How can you live comfortably in prison?
- Is 23 carat gold pure
- Where can I buy lehengas online
- Is Japanese the most compact writing system
- How much does drone system software cost
- What are the effects of castration
- What do you think of universal health coverage
- What is the purpose of computational biology
- Australia was a penal colony of Great Britain
- What is the annual fee in SSN
- Fall redwood trees easily
- Can plastics be banned completely?
- Is it wrong to be a hypebeast?