Can burn something in a vacuum
Does fire burn in a vacuum? - Informative
The term "vacuum" comes from Latin and means something like "empty". So it means a vacuum, but does a fire burn in such a vacuum?
In order to know whether there is a fire, the fire in a vacuum, it should first be clarified how exactly the vacuum is defined.
What is a vacuum
A vacuum is created when all the air is sucked out of a container. However, science is not aware of a perfect vacuum because particles or antiparticles are constantly being created.
- Even in space there is no perfect vacuum, it is just a vacuum with a very low pressure. In the vicinity of the planets there are enormous amounts of tiny particles, which speaks against a vacuum, but rather stands for weightlessness.
- Tests were carried out with candles in space and they burned for a surprisingly long time. However, not in the familiar form in which the flame stretches upwards, but the flame appeared round the wick.
Is there a fire burning in a vacuum?
Fire absolutely needs two things in order to let its flames lick: a fuel, for example wood or coal, and an oxidizing agent, namely oxygen, for example. Of course, there is also lighting, for this the ignition temperature of the fuel must be exceeded, only then can flames flicker.
- It is well known that there is no oxidizing agent in a vacuum, which is why a fire either does not burn at all or only burns briefly. However, since there is no such thing as a complete vacuum, experiments succeed again and again in which something is still burning in a vacuum. Ultimately, the particles burn up, and when the flame has burned the oxygen it will go out.
- If there were a perfect vacuum, nothing would burn. In this room there would be nothing, not even the smallest atom, no gas, no air - simply nothing. So there is no fire burning in a vacuum.
How helpful do you find this article?
- Great Britain and Russia are natural allies
- How does BPD compare to narcissists
- Why don't Disney Princesses have mothers
- Are Apple products of high quality and cheap
- What is China's absolute advantage in construction
- What is shallow foundation
- How can I improve handicraft sales
- What admixtures are used in concrete
- What makes you special in a partner
- Was angry with the Saiyan race
- How are nanodiamonds made
- What is the effective depth of a ray
- How do you become a paleontologist?
- Does the universal basic income work
- How did the patriarchy gain popularity
- Are there any Jews in the Philippines
- Normal people act all the time
- What if President Duterte were murdered?
- Which company offers effective CAD design services?
- What is the salary of Bollywood actors
- Why do people hate immigrants so much
- Who is Frances closest ally at the moment?
- How do commercial banks work
- Plurality is a good idea
- Why are South Koreans so great
- Who is the creator of all things?
- Where can we buy flower arrangements
- Who can wear a purity ring
- People underestimate knives
- What is the rate of expansion of the universe
- What is anti-government propaganda
- When was your weakness your greatest strength
- How fast is Elon Musk reading