What loads act on slabs
In the case of shallow foundations, a distinction is made between strip foundations under the walls and individual foundations under the load-bearing columns. Individual foundations are usually designed or integrated to reinforce the base plate.
Column foundations can be designed as circular or rectangular foundations. As precast columns, they can be produced with or without a foundation. If precast columns are delivered separately, socket foundations are used. Their minimum depth depends on the required frost protection. After calculating the minimum dimensions of the foundations, the expected deformations can be determined. Larger embedment depths, the enlargement of the foundations and soil replacement reduce the deformations to be expected.
This type of foundation is strip-like. The wall stands on the foundation or a thin, statically non-load-bearing floor slab (e.g. the basement floor slab) rests on it. The strip foundation transfers the loads from the upstanding walls or pillars into the ground.
Slab or surface foundation
If the entire floor plan is designed as a foundation, one speaks of a slab foundation. This has the advantage that it better compensates for differences in deformation that can occur with individual foundations and lead to settlement and cracks.
The trough foundation is formed on basement floors that are in the groundwater. It can be designed as a "black tub" or as a "white tub".
Photo credits: WKA Fundamentbau
Expertise on the subject
Foundation plates are provided for shallow foundations on poor subsoil, but are also used as a substructure for basement structures ...
This type of foundation is strip-like. The wall stands on the foundation or a thin, statically non-load-bearing ...
In the case of deep foundations, the structural loads are transferred to deep, load-bearing soil layers. The load is transferred ...
What are black, white, and brown tubs?
Various methods are available for sealing components in contact with the ground, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.
German cement and concrete industry represented by the
Information center concrete | Contact 0211 / 28048–1 | www.beton.org
- Can I get married after sixty
- Is gummy bears bad for you
- Which is the best company from Shopify Experts
- What makes Barack Obama a good speaker
- What questions do people ask about parenting
- How is life in Brighton UK
- How does it feel to be a girl
- Which job causes the most stress?
- What was Ludwig Wittgenstein's philosophy
- Why are Australians so little interested in Asia?
- How physicists see math problems
- The RV insurance covers water damage
- Is something curable by Ayurveda?
- What are the best travel reports from Indian authors
- Why aren't there pork burgers
- How much is Walmart's stock
- What do you think of Feminazis 1
- Why do we need factory design samples
- What is your child's current catchphrase
- Does Islam justify violence and terrorism
- What is the difference between intelligence and espionage
- Why is the death penalty not considered murder?
- Are psychiatrists reliable
- Who to trust most