How do chicks form in the egg
How does the chicken get into the egg?
Brooding - now it's getting warm!
Birds keep their eggs nice and warm by sitting on the clutch. The feathers are particularly good at storing the birds' body heat. Have you ever slept under a duvet filled with down feathers yourself? Then you know how cozy and warm it is underneath. The birds' eggs need this warmth so that the young animals can grow and thrive in them.
In rearing stations, so-called incubators or incubators replace the heat supply from the mother. A hen initially “collects” the fertilized eggs in the chicken nest over a period of four weeks. Only then does it sit down on its clutch to brood. For the chicks, this is the starting shot in life. From now on, the hen will only leave the clutch twice a day for around 21 days in order to take in food itself. From the germinal disc to the young chicken After 3 days, fine blood vessels can be seen on the yolk of an egg that has been incubated. To do this, the egg is x-rayed. After about 6 days, the blood vessels have taken on the appearance of a spider web.
The unborn chick is supplied with nutrients from the egg yolk and protein via the blood vessels. In the course of a further 11 days, the chick grows in the egg until there is hardly any space left. After 21 days at the latest, the little chicken with a keratinization on its beak pierces the egg shell and slips out. In the first few days, the chick does not need any food because it is still full of the egg yolk. Its plumage consists of soft down, which is still quite damp after hatching. In the course of about 26 weeks, the 30 g chick grows into a large young chicken.
Text: Nicole Potthoff
Back to the chicken special
- Taking too much medicine is detrimental to health
- 925 silver is better than sterling silver
- Have you ever foretold someone's death?
- How do I get more diamonds
- How to say follow in Tagalog
- Sweden has mountains
- Which desserts start with the letter C.
- Crime is caused by bad morals
- Widows will go away
- Which song gives you an existential crisis
- Which is the Institute for Autocad Training recognized
- Can burn something in a vacuum
- How do you treat EBV
- Where can I sell a guitar online
- Any pharmacy can fill out your prescription
- Are Indians pseudo-patriotic
- What disease has two letters
- Beat the people
- Superhero movie viewers get tired
- Chinese myopia is genetic
- How common is clear dreaming 1
- Are GMOs good or bad
- How can I stop menstrual periods permanently
- What is the meaning of the core