Is Ryan Giggs overrated
Ex-Premier League player Curtis Woodhouse: "Ryan Giggs is incredibly overrated"
Ryan Giggs is considered one of the greatest players in Manchester United history. Ex-PL player Woodhouse sees it differently, however.© Provided by Goal
Former Premier League midfielder Curtis Woodhouse says ManUnited legend Ryan Giggs is "incredibly overrated". In a series of tweets, today's coach said that Giggs had benefited from his good teammates and that his individual performance was overestimated.
"Ryan Giggs is another incredibly overrated Manchester United player," wrote Woodhouse Twitter . The Welshman kept fit for a long time, but he played in a team that "dominated for years and was a goal machine. His statistics for goals and assists are terrible."
Ex-Premier League player: "You could mistake Giggs for a left-back"
Giggs is therefore "another Manchester United myth. Good player, but nothing more." As evidence, Woodhouse cited the statistics of today's Welsh coach: "Giggs has accumulated 162 assists and 109 goals in the Premier League in over 22 years - again: in over 22 years."
The former midfielder said: "His team has dominated these 22 years, breaking record after record. Ryan Giggs was a left winger and if you look at his stats you could mistake him for a left-back."
Also Giggs lich strong left foot thinks Woodhouse, who appeared in the meantime as a professional boxer after his football career, for overrated. He pointed out, "Giggs didn't even have a good left foot! He was an excellent athlete, but his left foot wasn't that good." In addition, Giggs had "never played a world-class season in 22 attempts".
Ryan Giggs another unbelievably overrated Manchester United player. Outstanding longevity but in a team that dominated for years and were a free scoring machine his statistics for goals and assists is awful. Another Manchester United myth, good player, never anything more- Curtis Woodhouse (@ curtiswoodhous8) May 23, 2020
Woodhouse: "Bale is better than Giggs"
Woodhouse then compared the former Red Devil with Real striker Gareth Bale and Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold. "Bale is better than Giggs, he has had a bigger impact in the club and in international football," wrote the former Sheffield player: "Giggs will have played longer than Bale, that's it. Ryan Giggs is in no way better than Gareth Bale . "
The 40-year-old also puts the 21-year-old Champions League winner Alexander-Arnold above Giggs. "TAA is more of a threat to attack than Giggs has been in 22 years. TAA is right-back and Ryan Giggs is left wing," Woodhouse scoffed.Between 1991 and 2014 Giggs played 632 Premier League games for United and was the only player to win 13 championship titles. With 162 assists, the 46-year-old is still the best assists in Premier League history
- Does every teenager act like a narcissist?
- Which countries did Queen Elizabeth II not visit?
- How can we improve mobile payment services
- Are Swarovski crystals real or fake?
- Did President Obama miscalculate in Syria in 2014
- Are your supplements really working?
- What is important or important about Haskell
- Jesus is a Messenger from Allah
- Is the punishment for crimes good or bad?
- Why should I avoid Ajinomoto during pregnancy?
- Are there Asian-American nationalists
- How did Vasco da Gama travel
- Why do I hate work
- What are good Hong Kong souvenirs
- Esaay about patriotism
- Why did John L Miller leave Amazon
- Why is England considered a socialist country
- How do I start with coding 1
- What's the best song right now
- What is the secret of marriage
- Spain takes in Syrian refugees
- Should HK be separated from China
- Are there religious leftists
- Why are monarchs still practiced