How can I work for the UN
UNOV is looking for qualified professionals in a wide variety of fields including general administration, finance, human resources, procurement, security, information technology and conference services. The UNOV in Vienna has around 700 employees. Gender parity and geographical diversity are an integral part of his personnel policy. The United Nations system-wide strategy for gender parity contains targets for the balanced representation of women and men. In establishing gender parity, the Office follows the UNOV and UNODC strategy for gender equality and women's empowerment (2018-2021). The ultimate goal is parity at all ranks of the organization. To increase the geographic diversity of its staff, the Office follows the Geographic Diversity Strategy and welcomes applications from the following United Nations Regional Groups: African Group, Asia-Pacific Group, Eastern European Group, and Latin American and Caribbean Group.
The office provides reasonable accommodation for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
More information on current employment opportunities at UNOV can be found under the following links:
All vacancies for positions at UNOV are advertised on UN Careers.
The UNOV also recruits specialists for temporary projects either as consultants or as individual contractors. These offers are advertised on UN Careers.
Information on the internship program of the United Nations Office in Vienna can be found here. For general information on internships at the United Nations, visit UN Careers.
Jobs for young professionals (JPO)
The JPO program offers young professionals with a university or college degree the opportunity to gain work experience in the United Nations Secretariat. These Associate Experts usually have little or no professional experience, are recruited under bilateral agreements between the United Nations and donor countries, and work on development projects or in regional projects or activities within the broad scope of the United Nations. More information can be found here.
United Nations volunteer positions
United Nations volunteers are deployed through the United Nations Volunteer Program (UNV). There are different categories of volunteers. More information can be found on the UNV website.
- Where should I go in Hong Kong
- Violence can be good
- How long can you swim
- Should I take out health insurance?
- Where in NYC is Soho
- Can arthritic fingers be stretched
- A Reiki master has paranormal powers
- What are the main uses for moonstone
- Is it boring to be a bus driver?
- Who are insurers insured
- How did you choose your job?
- What are lifestyle shoes for men
- Support the death penalty for abortionists
- What are some college hacks
- Technology steals our jobs
- Which countries are enemies of Uganda?
- Why does Hinduism describe what God looks like
- How realistic is your self-image
- Stun guns are easy to hide
- What are some good Russian metal bands
- Which dances were popular in the 1930s
- What is interoperability at Boersen
- How do I develop a high level of patriotism
- How can I start my design