Where can I learn karate
Karate techniques and exercises for at home
You can also improve your karate skills at home. In addition to regular exercises and training units, fitness training should not be neglected. To make the techniques easier for you, it makes sense to do one or the other exercise at home.
Table of Contents
Karate exercises for home
Depending on your level of training, it can make sense to train at home. After all, it is common knowledge that the brain internalizes movement patterns better if they are exercised for 15 minutes a day instead of once a week for 120 minutes, even though the total time spent is less.
Attention: Karate exercises should always as a couple to be completed. Therefore, the exercises at home should only be a supplement to training, but cannot replace it.
Karate exercises for beginners
Beginners exercises at home
- Foot positions: It is advisable for beginners to learn the different foot positions first. Often the correct foot position causes enough difficulties when twisting and turning without having to use the hands. When you are ready for your feet to blindly obey you, you are welcome to take your hands with you.
- Learn kata: You can practice Kihon and Kata at home if you have enough space. When practicing the kata, just make sure that you do not have to change the movements due to lack of space, as these habits will be difficult to get rid of later. There are some karate tutorials on the internet that explain individual techniques or complete kata, but ideally you have your trainer show and explain the techniques and movements to you beforehand.
- Learn defense and punching techniques: It also makes perfect sense to further train the defense techniques you have practiced (foot and hand) in training at home, so you can memorize the technique even better. But make sure there is enough space, not that your TV gets a kick ;-).
- condition: Karate is a sport, as with any sport you have advantages with a good physical condition, so it doesn't hurt to jog a lap or get on a bike.
Always remember: relearning a wrongly learned technique takes many times longer in the brain than learning a new technique. The following videos introduce basic techniques:
Karate exercises for advanced learners
An advanced student who has already passed the first belt tests already knows some of his weaknesses and will work to compensate for them. If you have problems with a kata or part of it, you can of course practice it at home.
- Learn kata: Since individual katas are queried for each belt, you always have enough to learn here.
- techniques: In the individual katas there are a number of punching and defense techniques that are not part of the basic techniques; these must be perfected.
- condition: As said above, fitness is a key benefit that everyone should work on, whether they're a beginner or a professional.
- Partner exercises: If you've been around for a longer period of time, you may have already bought some equipment (for example training mat or punch pad) and are practicing with the help of a partner. This does not necessarily have to be in the club, because in principle anyone can hold the upholstery, but it helps you in that a trained training partner can observe your technique and, if necessary, point out errors and weaknesses.
Karate katas are performed in the following video:
Karate exercises for professionals
At the level of a professional, i.e. when you reach the last Kyu degrees shortly before the transition to the 1st Dan, you probably think that the intensity of the training will decrease, since the karateka will soon master everything. However, this is a complete mistake, because now that he is hardly learning any new techniques, he has to work all the more to perfect what he has already learned. A Dan bearer will not train at home according to any pattern, but will work specifically to optimize his karate techniques.
- Performing katas: The katas you have learned are certainly a good introduction to training and consolidate what you have learned.
- Condition: Karate professionals certainly take part in karate training several times a week, but condition training is also useful here.
- Practice fights: Even if it will be difficult because of the space, practice fights are actually the most important thing as a professional. Maybe this can be done in the garden or in a part?
If you are one of the kumite competitors, it would of course be appropriate if you found an equal partner to practice the free fight effectively. Defeating a green belt would be a nice proof of your skills, but it will in no way prepare you sufficiently for your next competition.
But you have to be very clear: Exercises for professionals only make limited sense at home, apart from stamina and katas, nothing can be practiced here where no partner (and training ground) is required.
In karate there are different techniques for defense, for throws and punching techniques with the foot and the arms. We offer a brief overview of the techniques.
The original purpose of these techniques was the effective defense against superior attackers, which each of you will become aware of when you deal a little with the movement sequences. Karate is known, among other things through various films, for its hard punch, block, kick and shock techniques, whereby in the later course of the training some throws, levers and strangleholdings are learned.
Last updated on November 1st, 2020 / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API
- Are ethics really ethical
- What has Umar Khalid contributed to India
- Who sponsors political rally
- What do people never mention about motivation
- Who discovered Spain
- How is data hiding implemented in C ++
- All managers are leaders
- Why do Indian Muslims support Pakistan 1
- What is real estate market analysis
- What is an excavator
- What are the components of national interest
- Are there any dark comics
- Which disinfectant or sterilizer is better
- What do you mean by social movements
- What does the dissolution of Lok Sabha mean?
- How profitable is a breakfast business
- How are grapes harvested
- What facilities do BARC scientists receive
- How did England become a democratic country
- Brain-to-brain interface
- Why are left-wing Americans so anti-American
- What knowledge should architects have
- Who can solve 0 0 2
- What types of printers are the best
- Are racism and patriotism essentially the same
- Should I marry Punjabi Boy?
- Why are armpit hollows ticklish
- What does master story mean
- George Clooney has a big chin
- How about a trip to China
- What do you love most about math?
- Can MBTI be applied to dating
- What do most people love most
- Are there unsafe areas in Amman Jordan