How does underwater welding work
Underwater welding is becoming increasingly important due to the increasing use of offshore wind farms. Underwater welding is used in the construction and maintenance of port facilities, waterways, underwater pipelines, lock systems, dams, hydropower plants, offshore platforms, shipbuilding and rescue operations. In the public is currently pursued the laborious recovery of the cruise ship Costa Concordia off the Italian island of Giglio. This is only possible through one of the largest deployments of welding divers in history.
A distinction is made between two processes in underwater welding: In the dry process, the area around the welding work is drained with the aid of compressed air with the aid of special immersion chambers or bells. In wet welding, the welding work is carried out in the water by an underwater welder in diving equipment.
In wet welding, arc welding with electrodes and direct current is often used. The arc evaporates the water at the welding point and the heat melts the material. A particular challenge in achieving sufficient seam quality is the high hydrogen content in the gas bubble during the welding process.
In addition to manual arc welding, the MIG / MAG, WIG and MF processes are also used. Laser welding processes are under development or testing.
According to chapter 5.3 of the DVS guideline 1801, GSI is a recognized body for the certification of manufacturers who carry out wet underwater welding work.
We train underwater welders according to DVS guideline 1186. The qualification as a "certified diver" is a prerequisite for participation in the course.
We support and advise you on all questions relating to the topics of materials, joining and testing processes, corrosion protection as well as personnel qualification and training.
All over the world and everything from a single source.
We look forward to you and your questions!
- How can we know someone like us
- What happened to Ethereum
- How do I hang up my shirts
- Should I go to art school
- Is anti-immigration the new racism
- How do I say aire in English
- Why do some students like to study?
- What is i love you 3000
- How does Banana Cue taste
- What is the most expensive vape pen
- Do you stay naked after sex?
- Which jewelers buy diamonds
- Have you lost money to scam brokers?
- What is anti-government propaganda
- Have feelings of evil
- What is unique about INTPs
- Are leather shoes washable
- What are the effects of castration
- Why are some men into pegging
- How can I find out about politics?
- What is constructive experimental philosophy
- What are the best minimalist LEGO models
- Why is baking soda used for cleaning
- Is Liverpool FC a sleeping giant