Which bananas are the healthiest
Buying and storing bananas
Since conventionally grown bananas are one of the fruits that are most contaminated with pesticides, you should use organic bananas without exception. Also look out for fair trade seals if you are reluctant to take part in the exploitation of plantation workers.
When buying your organic bananas, consider whether you want to eat them unripe or ripe, because the green fruits continue to ripen. How long bananas last depends on the storage conditions. The exotic loves an airy, cool and dry place. If bananas are also hanging - e.g. If kept on a hook, for example, they can be stored for up to two weeks.
If you want to delay the ripening process, simply store the ripe bananas together with unripe fruits such as pears or avocados, which in turn ripen faster. If a banana is about to become overripe, you can put it in the fruit and vegetable drawer in your fridge to prevent it from spoiling so quickly.
You can also put bananas (peeled and cut into pieces) in a freezer bag and freeze. Frozen bananas are good for baking and cooking, for smoothies or fruit sauces. You can also use a mixer to conjure up delicious ice cream on the fly. To do this, simply mix the frozen banana pieces until they are creamy. Add a little lemon juice, a few pieces of mango or a little ginger.
The banana shows diversity in the kitchen
Bananas are best enjoyed straight or in the form of banana split (with ice cream and chocolate sauce), but they also go wonderfully in mueslis, fruit salads, smoothies and shakes. You can do without animal milk for a banana milk. B. with the delicious tiger nut milk, with oat drink or rice drink. The banana is also a pleasure cooked and baked.
A special cake is the so-called banana bread, which is a great source of energy for endurance sports. Another popular snack is banana chips. Commonly unripe bananas are sliced, fried in oil and then dried.
The sweet exotic harmonizes perfectly with savory spices such as chilli and gives hearty dishes such as curries a particularly fruity and aromatic note. The creamy banana gives chutneys, sauces and soups a creamy consistency. Are you looking for tried and tested banana recipes? You will definitely find what you are looking for in our recipe database.
We hope you enjoy cooking and an excellent appetite!
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Pereira A et al, Banana (Musa spp) from peel to pulp: ethnopharmacology, source of bioactive compounds and its relevance for human health, J Ethnopharmacol, February 2015
- Jessie Szalay, Bananas: Health Benefits, Risks & amp; Nutrition Facts, Live Science, October 2017
- Nieman DC et al, Bananas as an energy source during exercise: a metabolomics approach, PLoS One, May 2012
- P. Prabha et al, Indigenous anti-ulcer activity of Musa sapientum on peptic ulcer, Pharmacognosy Res, October-December 2011
- Banana genome deciphered New findings should help improve the varieties threatened by pests, Scinexx, July 2012
- Anglique DHont et al, The banana (Musa acuminata) genome and the evolution of monocotyledonous plants, Nature, August 2012
- Bananas, World's Healthiest Foods
- Hermansen K et al, Influence of ripeness of banana on the blood glucose and insulin response in type 2 diabetic subjects, Diabet Med, October 1992
- Regina C. Ado et al, Bioactive amines and carbohydrate changes during ripening of `Prata 'banana (Musa acuminata M. balbisiana), Food Chemistry, May 2005
- Balwinder Singh et al, Bioactive compounds in banana and their associated health benefits A review, Food Chemistry, September 2016
- Claudine Valrie Passo Tsamo et al, Phenolic profiling in the pulp and peel of nine plantain cultivars (Musa sp.), Food Chemistry, January 2015
- Hang T. Vu et al, Phenolic compounds within banana peel and their potential uses: A review, Journal of Functional Foods, January 2018
- Iwasawa H. et al, Differences in Biological Response Modifier-like Activities According to the Strain and Maturity of Bananas, Food Sci Technol Res, Mar 2009
- Vanessa Mello Granado Cassettari et al, Combinations of laxatives and green banana biomass on the treatment of functional constipation in children and adolescents: a randomized study, Jornal de Pediatria, January 2018
- Lin-Feng Li et al, Origin and domestication of cultivated banana Ecological, Genetics and Genomics, February 2017
- Shiga TM et al, Ripening-associated changes in the amounts of starch and non-starch polysaccharides and their contributions to fruit softening in three banana cultivars, J Sci Food Agric, June 2011
- Rabbani GH et al, Green banana-supplemented diet in the home management of acute and prolonged diarrhea in children: a community-based trial in rural Bangladesh, Trop Med Int Health, October 2010
- Rabbani GH et al, Clinical studies in persistent diarrhea: dietary management with green banana or pectin in Bangladeshi children, Gastroenterology, September 2001
- Cheung AH et al, Musa acuminata (Del Monte banana) lectin is a fructose-binding lectin with cytokine-inducing activity, Phytomedicine, June 2009
- Apostolopoulos V et al, Let's Go Bananas! Green Bananas and their Health Benefits, Pril (Makedon Akad Nauk Umet Odd Med Nauki), September 2017
- Sabater-Molina M et al, Dietary fructooligosaccharides and potential benefits on health, J Physiol Biochem, September 2009
- Bananas are as beneficial as sports drinks, study suggests, Science Daily, May 2012
- Thakorlal J et al, Resistant starch in Micronesian banana cultivars offers health benefits, Pac Health Dialog, April 2010
- Manrique Vergara D et al, Short chain fatty acids (butyric acid) and intestinal diseases, Nutr Hosp, October 2017
- Undine Lehmann et al, Characterization of Resistant Starch Type III from Banana (Musa acuminata), J Agric Food Chem, July 2002
- Lockyer S et al, Health effects of resistant starch, British Nutrition Foundation, 2016
- Slavin J, Fiber and prebiotics: mechanisms and health benefits. Nutrients, April 2013
- Kanazawa K et al, High content of dopamine, a strong antioxidant, in Cavendish banana, J Agric Food Chem, Mar 2000
- Haruyo Iwasawa et al, Differences in Biological Response Modifier-like Activities According to the Strain and Maturity of Bananas, Food Sci Technol Res, April 2009
- Natasha Longo, Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) in Bananas Help Prevent Cancer, Asian Fund for Cancer Research, July 2013
- Lewis DA et al, A natural flavonoid present in unripe plantain banana pulp (Musa sapientum L. var. Paradisiaca) protects the gastric mucosa from aspirin-induced erosions., J Ethnopharmacol, June 1999
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Autistic people don't do Asperger's dream
- Are the youngest Indian migrants to Canada happy?
- Is the delivery safe?
- Where can I learn karate
- How to successfully reattach severed limbs
- Why do I feel cold after meditation?
- How big is a one-carat emerald
- The medical industry is a profitable business
- Why do people love beautiful things
- Why do we like something
- How do the deaf speak on the phone
- Which way is the United States going?
- What do you think of traveling alone
- What did old Filipino cities look like?
- How much sugar does sugar need
- Why some Indians don't have patriotism
- What is the unit of absolute zero
- What are important things when traveling
- Where is the elusive Disney vault
- What is IT in healthcare
- How bad am I as a singer
- Dubai belongs to which country
- How Much Insurers Earn
- Henry Ford was anti-Semitic