Why was Brittany Ashley fired from Buzzfeed
Kevin Spacey: Sharp criticism of his coming out
Oscar winner Kevin Spacey, 58, faces a violent headwind after coming out. After the harassment allegations of actor Anthony Rapp, 46, ("A Beautiful Mind"), he apologized via Twitter and used this statement as an opportunity to confess his homosexuality. Many of his colleagues from show business condemn the handling of the allegations in the strongest possible terms.
Colleagues attack Kevin Spacey
Actress Rosie O'Donnell finds the clearest and most troubling words: "You don't remember the incident 30 years ago?" she asks the Hollywood star reproachfully, who, according to his Twitter statement, wants to suffer from a memory gap. "F *** you, Kevin!" Rosie continues to rage. "As about Harvey [Weinstein], we all know about you too. I hope more men will get in touch!" A clear announcement that suggests Anthony Rapp isn't Spacey's only victim.
Comedian Billy Eichner, 39, scoffs: "Kevin Spacey has just invented something that has never existed before: a bad time to come out". A few tweets later, Eichner even followed up and called Spacey's statement "really disgusting, irresponsible and dangerous".
Outing just a red herring?
Other colleagues criticize the link between his sexuality and allegations of harassment of a minor. Author and activist Ashlee Marie Preston also expressed her lack of understanding via Twitter and demanded "stay on the topic". Comedian Guy Branum (41) sees it similarly, who ironically remarked: "The most elegant way to profess one's homosexuality is to use a PR fog to distract people that you have tried to abuse a child," tweeted the 41 year old.
"Be the voice of the victim"
Actress Aimee Carrero, 29, ("American Horror Story") tweeted a similar line: "Kevin Spacey's assault on a minor has nothing to do with homosexuality. Somebody should explain that to Kevin Spacey," she wrote. Actress Rose McGowan, 44, who was one of the first to publicly report sexual assault by Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, 65, reached out to the media, demanding that attention should not be focused on Spacey's coming out, but on Anthony Rapp: "Be the voice of the victim," she wrote on Twitter.
Anthony Rapp accuses Kevin Spacey of sexual harassment
Anthony Rapp said in an interview with the American media company "BuzzFeed News" that in 1986, at the age of 14, he attended a house party held by Spacey, who was 26 at the time. Allegedly, Spacey is said to have laid Rapp on his bed and climbed on top of him. Before the apparently drunk Spacey could get closer, Rapp left the room.
Spacey assured in his Twitter statement that he could no longer remember the incident. He was horrified to hear about it and at the same time he apologized to Rapp: "That would have been deeply inappropriate behavior by a drunk, and I am sorry that he had these feelings that he has carried around with him since then".#Subjects
- What are examples of empty calorie foods
- Are JNU protests peaceful?
- What is the best exercise for endurance
- The 3 Baltic States are considered Slavic
- New Zealand would benefit from more universities
- What are the wage taxes for 2019
- Why is Cola Studio Pakistan very successful
- Why do people get weaker
- Are there enough computer programmers
- What are the ingredients in Aperol
- Clear dreaming is biblical
- Can we trust Healer Baskar
- How can you control a parasite
- Who are the most famous Poles
- How did Vasco da Gama travel
- Why should Canada stop accepting refugees?
- Married Kid Rock Pam Anderson
- What are some examples of great propaganda
- Bring a positive change to Greta Thunberg
- Do you like BLACK PINK
- How is an electric current created
- What is the emergency in India
- What is the hardest type of diamond
- How do I speed up reading 1
- What is a free trade policy
- How long will the Nigerian recession last
- Can the left ideology be called communism
- Has the LEGO patent become public domain
- Were women instructed not to wear jewelry
- How do we control our behavior
- Who are Sudan's allies
- Archery bows wear off
- Why is there more population in China?
- What was Ambedkar a Hindu