Why are people with disabilities important
Important laws for people with disabilities
At this point we would like to introduce you to the most important laws for people with disabilities and inform you where you can read more about them.
Basic Law of the Federal Republic of Germany (GG)
- Article 3: "Nobody may be disadvantaged because of their disability."
- The aim is equal treatment, participation and equal opportunities
Nobody may be disadvantaged because of his disability. This is also stated in the Basic Law of the Federal Republic of Germany. Important goals of the federal government's disability policy are equal treatment, participation and equal opportunities so that all people can live independently, regardless of whether they are disabled or not.
Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities Act (BGG) (BGG)
- Applies to the area of public law: ministries, authorities, corporations
- Regulates equality for people with disabilities
The further development of the Disability Equality Act (BGG), which has existed since 2002, regulates, among other things, questions of accessibility in the areas of construction, infrastructure and the use of sign language and plain language. It is important so that Article 3 of the Basic Law “Nobody may be disadvantaged because of their disability” can be implemented. The law applies to ministries, federal authorities or corporations such as the Federal Employment Agency or the German Pension Insurance.
The aim of the reform of the BGG is, among other things, to dismantle the structural barriers that still exist in federal buildings and thus gradually make the situation more accessible for people with disabilities. This is an important building block for more inclusion.
With the BGG, a federal specialist center for accessibility is being set up. Its main purpose is to advise and support authorities on the implementation of the BGG.
General Equal Treatment Act (AGG)
- Applies to private legal transactions in labor law and civil law
The AGG has been in force since 2006. Its aim is better protection against disadvantages in private legal traffic. The AGG consists of two components: a labor law and a general prohibition of discrimination and relates to civil law. This law met a very important requirement of people with disabilities.
Federal Participation Act (BTHG)
- The aim is to enable more participation and the further development of the law for severely disabled people
The BTHG aims to improve the living situation of people with disabilities and to pursue the implementation of an inclusive society. The aim is to enable more participation and self-determination for people with disabilities. In addition, the law for severely disabled persons will be further developed with this law.
Social Code IX - Rehabilitation and Participation of Disabled People (SGB IX)
The Ninth Book of the Social Code (SGB IX) sets out the laws on rehabilitation and participation of people with disabilities in Germany. In social law, it consistently implements the prohibition of discrimination in Article 3 Paragraph 3 Clause 2 of the Basic Law - nobody may be disadvantaged because of their disability. It contains social law regulations for disabled people and those at risk of disability, as well as labor law regulations on the participation of severely disabled people, the so-called severely disabled person's law. These rules are important for employees and employers. It has been in force since 2001. On January 1, 2018, a completely new version of SGB IX became valid.
More links on the topic
Law expert search
- What are examples of Chinese inventions
- What is stressful in life
- How do you smoke weed
- Why are autism symptoms different in women
- What are interhalogen compounds 2
- INFP is a common personality
- Will jeans ever go out of style?
- Who invented the fruit salad?
- When do Formula 1 racing drivers start
- Which MBTI type is the shyest?
- Gold is used to make jewelry
- Is cow urine harmful to health
- Where does ayahuasca come from
- What do European nationalists think of Greeks?
- A person can be completely confident
- Working substitute teachers in the summer
- Can web developers become web hosting partners
- Why did Eminem become more popular
- All Tamils are actually Sri Lankans
- Who is the most average NBA player
- What do USPS tracking numbers look like
- What does the Australian Senate look like
- Cross dressing is common
- Who gave the name America