What does tied to someone mean
someone's hands are tied (German)
Part of speech: idiomHyphenation:
- each | one | he | he | she | the hands are tied
- IPA: [ˈJeːmandəm zɪnt diː ˈhɛndə ɡəˈbʊndn̩]
- 1) being prevented from acting, having no (permissible / justifiable) opportunity to exert influence, being unable to do anything
- someone's hands and feet are tied
- Idioms that express the opposite:
- something is in someone's hand
- something is in someone's hand
- 1) In this decision her hands are tied.
- Dutch: 1) iemandshanden zijn tied
- Swedish: 1) någons händer ar bundna, sitta med bakbundna händer
Entries from our dictionary that contain "someone's hands are tied":
hand: ... give someone a free hand to work into someone else's hands, someone's hands are tied, someone's hands and feet are tied, someone slips ...
ręka:… Ręce - have long fingers 1) mieć ręce i nogi - have hands and feet 1) mieć związane ręce - someone's hands are tied 1) nosić kogoś na rękach - someone to carry ...
mieć:… Having a dog and a foot 3) mieć zły dzień - having a bad day 3) mieć związane ręce - someone's hands are tied mieć do czynienia z kimś / czymś - with someone / something to ...
med bakbundna hand:… Men idag sitter vi med bakbundna handler. We'd love to act, but our hands are tied today. German translations: 1) someone's hands are ...
binda någons hand: deprive someone of their freedom of action and movement; någon har händera bundna: someone's hands are tied; literally: "to tie someone's hands" Origin of the term: "hand" is the "hand"
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Somebody's hands are tied" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (20.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/jemandem_sind_die_Hände_gebunden/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Add a note to the entry "someone's hands are tied" and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
someone's water is up to their throats
someone is up to their necks (German) part of speech: idiom subsidiary forms: someone is water up to their throat Hyphenation: je | man | dem ...
someone is up to their throats (German) Part of speech: idiom Other spellings: someone is water up to their throats Minor forms: ...
burn under someone's fingernails (German) part of speech: idiom secondary forms: burn someone under the nails burn someone on the nails ...
burn under the nails of someone (German) part of speech: idiom secondary forms: burn someone under the fingernails burn someone on the nails ...
someone is speechless (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: depending on | one | dem | it suggests the language Word meaning / Definition: 1) ...
come to someone's consciousness (German) Part of speech: idiom Spelling that is no longer valid: someone becomes conscious of minor forms: ...
offend someone (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: je | one | that to | near | to meet Word meaning / Definition: 1) someone ...
come to someone's consciousness (German) Part of speech: idiom Spelling that is no longer valid: someone becomes conscious of ancillary forms: ...
lend someone a hand (German) Part of speech: idiom Other spellings: to give someone a hand Hyphenation: je | man | to hand ...
to be a burden to someone (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: je | man | dem is a burden Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: ...
someone (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: je | man | den Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈjeːmandən]…
- The 3 Baltic States are considered Slavic
- Can non-Koreans enter K-Pop
- Was Socrates a Christian
- Medieval knights were great
- Is Pakistani Punjab better than Indian Punjab
- Where can I sell a guitar online
- Why shouldn't Manchester United be called ManU?
- Which temperature dies faster hot or cold
- Which are the famous foods of Chhattisgarh
- A career in the craft is worthwhile
- Why do designers use CAD
- Who needs the EU
- Is philosophy valued by today's society
- 14K ever gets a silver run-up
- What did the Thracians call themselves
- Which fashion brands do you like
- What is your rating of Cyprus
- What is Nike's weakness
- What is polymer resin
- Do you live in hell
- Why was the Federation of Australia created?
- Why do the Irish wear kilts
- How often does the woman divide
- How can an Indian get to Stanford