Which runway is safer asphalt or concrete
- Airport Kassel Calden 1
New construction of the Kassel-Calden airport, asphalting of the runway
- Kassel Calden Airport 2
New construction of the Kassel-Calden airport, installation of the hydraulically bound base course (HGT)
- Kassel Calden Airport 3
New construction of the Kassel-Calden airport, relocation of the storage ducts
- Kassel Calden Airport 4
New construction of the Kassel-Calden airport, production of the aprons and parking spaces in concrete
The new construction of the Kassel-Calden airport is a record-breaking construction project in many respects: Within a little more than two years of construction, a modern airfield with a 2500-meter-long runway was built on the 220 hectare, formerly agricultural area. When construction began, it was the largest earthworks site in Europe: over 5 million cubic meters of soil had to be moved in order to compensate for a difference in height of 26 meters.
After completion of the extensive earthworks, work was carried out at high pressure on the flight operations areas, the taxiways and of course the runway. The aprons and parking areas were constructed using concrete. Bickhardt Bau used its large slipform paver for this. With the rolling road construction factory, the concrete construction experts concreted a total of 100,000 square meters in three months. That is roughly the size of 14 soccer fields. The concrete package is 36 centimeters thick and has been reinforced and reinforced with 72,000 dowels and 20,000 anchors. 38 kilometers of joints had to be cut to give the concrete enough room to expand. The asphalt construction work is just as impressive. Using the so-called hot on hot process, the Bickhardt construction black ceiling experts and their pavers produced the surface course for the 2500 meter long and 45 meter wide runway. Together with the taxiways and the parallel runway, the paved area is 210,000 square meters.
Three mobile mixing plants, which were set up on the construction site, provided the necessary replenishment of asphalt, concrete and the material for the hydraulically bound base course (HGT). In order to drain the paved areas, the civil engineering experts laid 38,500 meters of drainage pipes with diameters between 16 centimeters and 1.40 meters. They laid 180 kilometers of protective cable conduits for the technical equipment of the airport: every position light, no matter how far from the tower, must be connected to the power supply. Bickhardt Bau also played a key role in completing the other airport buildings.
5.3 million m3 Ground movement (more information on earthworks here)
Flight operations areas:
200,000 m² in asphalt construction
100,000 m² in concrete construction (more information on concrete road construction here)
21 km of collecting channels DN 300 to DN 1400
20 km drainage lines DN 100 to DN 200
10 km of drainage channels
700 m storage sewer DN 1600 and DN 1800
4,000 m sewage sewer DN 150 - DN 250
3 rain retention basins
5 buildings: Terminal, fire station, multifunctional building
General aviation, tower with outbuildings
Gross floor area (total): 14,000 m2
Concrete: 7950 m3
Reinforcing steel: 1025 t
- Why do some students like to study?
- Who is the hottest woman in Canada
- Is American health insurance affordable for you?
- Can I buy gold in Dubai
- Is the American national anthem racist
- Who are some average looking models
- How do I relieve joint pain
- What do young people think of tradition
- What product does Poland import from India
- How is Ripple different from Bitcoin
- How can I avoid signing a prenup
- What is America's most violent prison
- Why are there interpreters for programming languages
- How can you control a parasite
- What do you mean by financial system
- Do indigenous peoples need a representative in government
- Was Afghanistan better under communism
- Did the Nazis want Anglo-Saxons to be killed?
- How do employers conduct background checks
- How much is Jeremy Corbyn worth
- What do you use RSS for
- Have you ever been to the Philippines
- Why shouldn't Manchester United be called ManU?
- Do people get you wrong