Mental illness can be a disability
Psychoses> severe disability
1. The most important things in a nutshell
In the case of severe psychoses, which also include schizophrenia, the pension office can determine a degree of disability (GdB). The GdB is based on the duration of the acute phase and the degree of social restrictions. So that people with disabilities can participate equally in professional and social life, there are so-called disadvantage compensations for them.
Support and help for people with disabilities are mainly regulated in SGB IX - Rehabilitation and participation of people with disabilities. The following links to the general rules:
3. Health care principles
There are nationwide guidelines for determining the disability, the "Health Care Principles". These contain general assessment rules and individual information about the amount of the GdB. However, this is only an orientation framework, the calculation depends on the individual case.
The principles of supply medicine can be found in the “Supply Medicine Ordinance” at the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs at www.bmas.de> search term: "K710".
4. Reference values in psychoses
Below are the reference values for schizophrenic and affective psychoses.
4.1. Persistent psychosis
Long-term psychosis (lasting more than half a year)
GdB / GdS
in the florid stage depending on the loss of professional and social adaptability
4.2. Schizophrenic residual state
Schizophrenic residual state (e.g. concentration disorder, poor contact, loss of vitality, affective leveling) with minor and individual residual symptoms
GdB / GdS
without social adjustment difficulties
with slight social adjustment difficulties
with moderate social adjustment difficulties
with severe social adjustment difficulties
4.3. Affective psychosis
Affective psychosis with relatively short but often recurring phases
GdB / GdS
with 1-2 phases a year lasting several weeks depending on the type and severity
with more frequent phases lasting several weeks
5. Healing probation
After long-lasting psychotic episodes have subsided, generally (see below for exception) a healing period of 2 years should be awaited.
GdB / GdS during this time
if several manic or manic and depressive phases have already preceded it
exception: Needs a healing test Not to be waited for if there was a monopolar depressive phase that occurred as the first phase of the disease or only more than 10 years after an earlier phase of the disease.
Psychosis can lead to permanent disabilities for those affected. A person with a GdB of at least 50 is considered severely disabled.
6. Help and compensation for disadvantages for people with disabilities
If a severe disability has been recognized in a patient with psychosis, the following aids and compensation for disadvantages can be considered:
7. Related links
Degree of disability
- Why does America glorify the military
- Can INFJs read the emotions of INTJs
- Is the American sign language phonetically
- Should I go to art school
- Citizen watches are cheap fashion watches
- What percentage of Swedes are immigrants?
- A career in the craft is worthwhile
- What is maturity 15
- What are rural and urban areas
- Nietzsche hated the weak sick
- Are there unsafe areas in Amman Jordan
- Why is propaganda so effective
- What are the areas in civil engineering
- Why do my dreams always fail
- Can civil engineers ever become billions of multimillionaires?
- Are Russia and China now capitalist states?
- What are the effects of social media
- Is Jenni in BlackPink 100 Korean
- Are Arabs in Islam the top priority
- What are dowel pins and their uses
- What is an affordable investment watch
- Which are different names used by civil engineers
- Why did rugby union get professional
- Is Gordon Ramsay an idiot