Why is TS Eliot important
Quotes from T. S. Eliot
- The best Quotes (21), sayings and aphorisms by "T. S. Eliot"(GB; writer)
- Well-known quote:
Half of the disaster that happens in the world is due to people who want to make themselves important.
T. S. Eliot (Born September 26, 1888 in St. Louis, Missouri, United States; † January 4, 1965 in London, England) was an English-language poet, playwright and critic.
- Concise aphorisms, laconic sayings, striking life wisdom, pointed sentences - the best T. S. Eliot Quotes (Professional group: writer / country: GB) - From contemplative to provocative (see also good quotes).
The only important task of the poet is to write as little as possible.
Men live from forgetting - women from memories.
Doing useful things, speaking boldly, immersing yourself in beautiful things - that's enough for a human life.
Television is an entertainment medium that allows millions of people to laugh at the same joke at the same time and be lonely in the process.
Tradition cannot be inherited. Whoever wants it has to laboriously acquire it himself.
What we call the beginning is often the end. And to finish something means to start something. From the end we start all over again.
All great poetry gives the illusion of a view of life.
True poetry can communicate before it is understood.
You make noise and think you are talking. You make grimaces and think you understand.
Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowing? Where is the knowledge that we have lost in the information?
Those who flee from their past always lose the race.
I can't even have anything against cultural progress because I don't even know what it is.
There are a lot of things in the world that I would like to have different from what they really are; but in a world without evil, life would not be worth living.
Home is where you start from.
Fear is the servant of creativity.
We know too much and are not convinced enough.
- Eliot was one of the most famous poets of the 20th century and was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1948.
He left his home country, the United States, in 1914, at the age of 25, and moved to England. He settled there, worked, and married. He became a British citizen in 1927 at the age of 39 and waived his American passport.
Results 0 to 21 are presented on this page. There were a total of 21 Germans Quotes, Life wisdom, thoughts and sentences of the author "T. S. Eliot" found.
A Quote by a famous author (for example from the category "writer") can certainly motivate you to sharpen your own ideas and flashes of inspiration and formulate them more precisely, and thus stimulate reflection:
Proverbs and quotes from well-known playwrights, poets, poets, aphorists, novelists, etc.
- Are narcissistic men really misogynistic?
- Is the wrap dress patented
- Which oils are not vegan
- What are some low carbohydrate Chinese recipes
- What is the best free software site
- How many trees have you planted?
- Why do some European nations have monarchs?
- How does poverty affect children?
- Can I trade my wife for sex
- Why are there so many McDonalds
- Mental illness can be a disability
- Who has the majority in the Senate
- What do Canadians call Indians
- Is Sikhism a practical religion
- Who's in Shenzhen
- How is patriotism justified?
- Will the Ford electric car challenge Tesla
- How safe is India for Christians
- Why was Mother Teresa always helping others?
- Can Americans live in Norway?
- Why are sexism and racism ethically wrong
- What is Comino Spice
- Will there be a Volkswagen Beetle in 2019
- Are girls really trustworthy
- When does patriotism become immoral?
- Which city has the best transit system
- How do Korean men treat their partners
- How bad is the US military
- Why do people keep getting university degrees?
- Why are diamonds not considered an asset?
- Why are some whites darker
- What do you mean by traveling alone
- Is Amir Khan anti-Hindu
- How do you become an interpreter?