Whichever song is deep has deep lyrics
Johann Gaudenz Gubert Graf (& Freiherr) von Salis-Seewis was Swiss poet.
Salis-Seewis came from an old Swiss aristocracy. His father, baron Johann Ulrich von Salis-Seewis (1740–1815), was created a (primogenitive) Comte (count) at Versailles on 1 February 1777 having married Freiin Jakobea von Salis-Bothmar (1741–1791) in 1760. The Reichs -freiherrdom dated back to 20 January 1588, for Dietegan v. Salis.
Between 1779 and 1789 Salis served as an officer in the Swiss Guards in France in Paris, France, until the French revolution made him quit. Salis-Seewis was one of the favorites of Marie Antoinette. In the next year Salis-Seewis undertook a journey to the Netherlands and Germany (including Weimar), meeting Goethe, Herder, Schiller, Wieland, and Matthisson. He particularly connected with Matthisson, and an intimate friendship developed.
The poet colleagues shared a sense of Sturm und Drang and empathy, calling it the "Bündner Nachtigall" (Graubünden nightingale). Salis-Seewis returned to Switzerland in 1791, living in Chur and marrying there, on 26 December 1793, the 22- year-old Ursina v. Pestalozzi (Chur 29 September 1771 - Malans 27 June 1835). They had two sons; Johann-Ulrich Dietegan (Comte) v. Salis-Seewis (1794–1844) and Johann-Jakob (Freiherr) v. Salis-Seewis (1800-1881). He had a lively involvement in the political changes in his homeland over the next years lively involved, endorsed the alliance of the Three Leagues of Switzerland to the new France, and the proclaimed Helvetic Republic. After the area was occupied by Austria in the following year, Salis-Seewis and his family had to flee to Zurich. There, he was appointed inspector general of the Helvetican troops. This activity went brought him the nickname "poet general". He later to Bern and received a place on the Court of Cassation. When the Act of Media tion was issued by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1803, it became possible for Salis-Seewis to return to Graubünden. There he held several public offices until 1817, then he withdrew as Swiss federal colonel. His father had died two years before.
Taken from Wikipedia. To view the full article, please click here.
See full entry
- Has Nixon committed treason
- How do I transfer money with cell
- How do dogs protect themselves
- Might defeat Doctor Strange Juggernaut
- Is the Meyer Briggs personality test pseudoscientific
- What if humanity really knew its fate
- Support Brahmins Jallikattu
- Can i do my own electrical work
- Is a sleeveless top suitable for work
- The Philippines were colonized by the United States
- Grow sustainable fashion sustainably
- What are the ingredients for beer
- Is Navaratna Oil good for your hair
- Is racism or racism a disease
- What makes men lose interest in women
- Knowledge is always true
- Did President Obama miscalculate in Syria in 2014
- Should an industrial engineer have PE certification
- When does the PHX police change shifts?
- Is yoga an alternative to walking
- Which disinfectant or sterilizer is better
- Why are nutritional supplements so popular
- Why do people treat me like crap
- Liquid hydrogen can freeze people